• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus USA in South West GA

New plant coming soon!!!

I will be getting one soon as they are made here.......

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/04/12/gun-maker-pulls-trigger-on-22-5m-georgia.html

A Brazilian manufacturer will be investing more than $20 million to open a facility in Decatur County that builds firearms, Gov. Nathan Deal's office announced Thursday.

Taurus USA will create 300 jobs and invest more than $22.5 million in infrastructure and operations to establish a firearms manufacturing plant in Bainbridge, according to a news release. Construction on a 200,000-square-foot facility, with 180,000 square feet of space for manufacturing and 20,000 square feet of administrative space, will begin in September, the company said.

Taurus USA is based in Miami and owned by Forjas Taurus, S.A., a publicly traded company based in Brazil that manufactures a variety of consumer and industrial products. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures and distributes the Taurus, Rossi, and Heritage product lines.

New jobs openings coming to the Georgia plant are said to be for skilled labor positions, administrative personnel, customer service representatives and management teams.

Deal said Taurus pulled the trigger on the investment because of Georgia’s "strong manufacturing sector and business-friendly climate."

“With this investment, Taurus USA is highlighting some of the economic development assets available in the Bainbridge area, while also creating meaningful employment opportunities for the community," Deal said.

David Blenker, president and CEO of Taurus USA, said the move to Bainbridge is part of a long-term growth strategy.

“The ability to expand operations is critical for our U.S. business," Blenker said. "This new facility will meet our demanding needs to increase production with the skilled workforce Georgia has to offer."

TCP is made in Miami.

So what you're saying is that Florida should have the jobs that Georgia is about to have.
Naw. The management will go from having sexy women and a tropical location on the beach with cocaine up to their elbows to
photos.medleyphoto.6377069.jpg

I'm thinking logistics and quality of life. In all places in GA, I guess Bainbridge doesn't really appeal to me as that "gotta move too" destination where I would uproot city folks and put them here. Maybe they are going to be the next big manufacturing hub in the state. Regardless, kudos for them landing the company...

I'm thinking logistics and quality of life. In all places in GA, I guess Bainbridge doesn't really appeal to me as that "gotta move too" destination where I would uproot city folks and put them here. Maybe they are going to be the next big manufacturing hub in the state. Regardless, kudos for them landing the company...
You have a problem with the quality of life in Bainbridge? :lol: It's 30 miles from I-10. Gwinnett has poisoned your understanding of the actual state of Georgia, hasn't it? Atlanta MSA is not our fair state... at all.

You have a problem with the quality of life in Bainbridge? :lol: It's 30 miles from I-10. Gwinnett has poisoned your understanding of the actual state of Georgia, hasn't it? Atlanta MSA is not our fair state... at all.
I moved from Savannah 2 years ago after being up ad dwn the coast for we years. I'm well aware of big vs small areas. Bainbridge is like a smaller Statesboro without the large college propping it up. Again, thinking from an executive's stand point, uprooting a company from a major city and putting it in it literally 40 miles in the middle of nowhere in another state is not really the norm. They typically pick the outskirts of a major area. I'm thinking of the families that have to relocate (if they wish). Again, Miami (metro) to Bainbridge (rural - not suburban) is a real change. Not that it cant be done. Bit it will be different.

That is all...

I moved from Savannah 2 years ago after being up ad dwn the coast for we years. I'm well aware of big vs small areas. Bainbridge is like a smaller Statesboro without the large college propping it up. Again, thinking from an executive's stand point, uprooting a company from a major city and putting it in it literally 40 miles in the middle of nowhere in another state is not really the norm. They typically pick the outskirts of a major area. I'm thinking of the families that have to relocate (if they wish). Again, Miami (metro) to Bainbridge (rural - not suburban) is a real change. Not that it cant be done. Bit it will be different.

That is all...

??? You mean like Kia in West Point? They located in a border town with equal distance to two major ports. Some manufacturers want to stay out of big city politics and regulations.

With that location, they can draw talent from 3 different states.

Everyone pause for a minute and go back and read what I wrote.

I said this was a good deal in my first post in this thread. End discussion.

I simply made it a comment after that that this would mean the executives would have a huge change of scenery from Miami.

Somehow its getting construed that I don't like this move and that they won't find any talent there. That is not the case.

Now... carry on...

Back
Top Bottom