• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus USA in South West GA

Some of you need to get out of Atlanta Metro more , Bainbridge is a very nice beautiful Southern town, 30 minutes from downtown Tallahassee ( Florida's state capital to those who don't know and has a ratio of 7 women to every male....which many are highly paid State employees, well educated too, FSU , 60 minutes to Gulf of Mexico :becky:), 10 minutes from some of the best bass/crappie/brim fishing in the world (Lake Seminole), great hunting, great schools, low crime rates, quite easy pace of life (Southern style), low taxes, insurance rates, etc. etc........that is the attraction corporations are now looking for......eat your heart out Metropolitans while in your 90 minute commute to travel 20 miles.

Amen brother. Bainbridge Ga is a great place to live and raise a family. There is more to “quality of life” than a Starbucks and Panera bread on every other corner.

Who would want to move to a place where everything better is somewhere else??

Jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who would want to live where most don't even know their neighbors name, rampant crime, beggars on every corner, sending their kids to failing schools, minorities running every city department, etc. etc. We don't believe in living behind bars on our windows...we let the criminals live behind the bars. We outsider "country bumpkins" actually know our Sheriffs, Police Chiefs, DA's....and our Preacher and they know us by name too. We, believe it or not like our small churches where like the TV show "Cheers", everybody knows your name, your "mega" churches wouldn't fly around here. You may dwell in the Metro area but we actually "live" in the rural areas ("sticks" to you). Companies are now realizing life style is as important or more so than the number of human bodies to draw from for employment, quality of work/product may even improve too. Catch ya later Gator :becky:

Who would want to live where most don't even know their neighbors name, rampant crime, beggars on every corner, sending their kids to failing schools, minorities running every city department, etc. etc. We don't believe in living behind bars on our windows...we let the criminals live behind the bars. We outsider "country bumpkins" actually know our Sheriffs, Police Chiefs, DA's....and our Preacher and they know us by name too. We, believe it or not like our small churches where like the TV show "Cheers", everybody knows your name, your "mega" churches wouldn't fly around here. You may dwell in the Metro area but we actually "live" in the rural areas (sticks to you). Companies are now realizing life style is as important or more so than the number of human bodies to draw from for employment, quality of work/product may even improve too. Catch ya later Gator :becky:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know @Bypass had a second account!

:p

Dang that's one bad experience with them! Well, technically 5, but you know what I mean.

Had a 92 ran great and so does my 1911. Never owned any of their polymer guns.

I have a model 99 (that's a 92 with adjustable sights) that was bought in 1987.
it has well over 10-K rounds with only a few recoil springs replaced.
its pretty accurate, reliable and runs on pretty much everything that you cram into the mag.
thats actually what lead me down the taurus path, after sending several back I just kept telling myself , no this can't be right!
well it was apparently.
maybe I am just unlucky?
now all 4 of my PT1911 run fine now, but that's after I ended up fixing one after 2 trips to Miami and still two of the four had to go back for repair.
IF they work for you great, I am just saying that a lot of what you hear may not be Bashing.

I hope the make the 1911's there. I mean they aren't real bad now but I would buy one real quick if they start making them here. Heck the one I had, other than a stiff trigger ran like a sewing machine. If they would just put a little time into the triggers on those guns they could be a contender. Only the stainless gun I would be interested in.

well supposedly they are introducing a Commander and Officers size PT1911.
Kind of late to the Parade if you ask me, but anyway!
as manufacturing here in the US would make life a lot easier than importing them and meeting importation laws they may just build them here in Georgia?

I have a model 99 (that's a 92 with adjustable sights) that was bought in 1987.
it has well over 10-K rounds with only a few recoil springs replaced.
its pretty accurate, reliable and runs on pretty much everything that you cram into the mag.
thats actually what lead me down the taurus path, after sending several back I just kept telling myself , no this can't be right!
well it was apparently.
maybe I am just unlucky?
now all 4 of my PT1911 run fine now, but that's after I ended up fixing one after 2 trips to Miami and still two of the four had to go back for repair.
IF they work for you great, I am just saying that a lot of what you hear may not be Bashing.
Well 1911's in general can be picky from the get some times. Some just won't cycle with just any cartridge. You kind have to find what they like. The PT1911 I had ate everything I ran through it. I could grab a box of whatever and it would knock down plates one right after another and never had one issue with it. Not a one.

Well 1911's in general can be picky from the get some times. Some just won't cycle with just any cartridge. You kind have to find what they like. The PT1911 I had ate everything I ran through it. I could grab a box of whatever and it would knock down plates one right after another and never had one issue with it. Not a one.

never really had much if any problems with any of my 1911 as to being picky eaters.
actually usually my range ammo is a 200 grain Semi Wad cutter, its a reload.
but any weapon that I have if it doesn't perform then its not long for my home, regardless of brand.
life is to short for me to put up with picky, unreliable weapons.

never really had much if any problems with any of my 1911 as to being picky eaters.
actually usually my range ammo is a 200 grain Semi Wad cutter, its a reload.
but any weapon that I have if it doesn't perform then its not long for my home, regardless of brand.
life is to short for me to put up with picky, unreliable weapons.
I haven't had any problems out of mine either but I have heard a lot of 1911 owners say their guns won't cycle a particular HP or something to that nature. My best friend had to play around a little with two of his Kimbers to find the right Defense ammo. I imagine more than not the guns operate perfectly but there are those that get those guns that are finicky.

I probably should have stated that it's not probable but possible. That would fit the platform better and give a better representation of the 1911. Like I said I have heard of handful of owners reporting ammo problems.

I don't see this as much of a positive.
It means that cheap land and cheap labor are more plentiful in rural S.E. Georgia than they are in Brazil !
At least Brazil has rainforests, and the whole world needs lumber.
What does Bainbridge, GA have?
American companies used to outsource their work and factories in Central America or Asia.
Now those nations are saving money by building their plants HERE.

That's the way it always works.

I went to college in Lowell, Mass. which used to be the textile center of the world in the 1800s. Then I moved to GA, just like all the textile mills did when they made Dalton the textile capital and left Lowell a gutted shell. Then the textile companies all went to Japan, then China, and now S. America and Vietnam.

Georgia is becoming what 'gun valley' (the Connecticut River Valley) used to be for firearms makers, a central hub of firearms manufacturing. I expect a lot more gun companies to settle down here once they get thrown out of their homes up in NY and New England.

Back
Top Bottom