• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tax stamp question

You cannot laminate a official birth certificate or your SS Card I would assume any government document goes that way. Call the ATF and ask (304) 616-4500 I'm sure they'd love to tell ya

Laminated legal documents is a fast way to not have them be accepted because there isn't a way to authenticate them.

You can laminate them, but I wouldnt risk voiding them.

My lawyer also said that if I laminated the stamp portion, there's no way to tell if it's a stamp or image without damaging the document, so I'd advise against it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

To add to that. A picture/copy is only going to buy you enough time to produce the actual document should the need come up.

Personally I keep copies available when I take my stuff out and have never had anyone ask for it. But I've also never been to court for firearms related things.

Laminated legal documents is a fast way to not have them be accepted because there isn't a way to authenticate them.

You can laminate them, but I wouldnt risk voiding them.

My lawyer also said that if I laminated the stamp portion, there's no way to tell if it's a stamp or image without damaging the document, so I'd advise against it.

To add to that. A picture/copy is only going to buy you enough time to produce the actual document should the need come up.

Personally I keep copies available when I take my stuff out and have never had anyone ask for it. But I've also never been to court for firearms related things.

One more time: when you e-file there is no original copy. You get an email with a pdf attached and print a copy out. That kind of makes me believe that a copy is all you need.

What he said. You don’t get original copies with efile which makes me thing that the whole copy vs original vs laminated issue becomes moot.

It is illegal for local law enforcement to take your legally registered suppressor if you have broken no law.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Look up Ga Code sections 16-11-122 thru 16-11-125 and review what an "affirmative defense" is, and then try to say that with a straight face.
Especially when we're talking about an arrest out on the street, not a conviction in court based on the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. We're talking about an arrest. Arrests can take place simply on probable cause that all of the necessary 'elements of the offense' have been met (in the police officer's reasonable opinion, in light of all the circumstances. And your inability to produce a good clear copy of your federal registration form is going to be a very important circumstance.)

Look up Ga Code sections 16-11-122 thru 16-11-125 and review what an "affirmative defense" is, and then try to say that with a straight face.
Especially when we're talking about an arrest out on the street, not a conviction in court based on the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard. We're talking about an arrest. Arrests can take place simply on probable cause that all of the necessary 'elements of the offense' have been met (in the police officer's reasonable opinion, in light of all the circumstances. And your inability to produce a good clear copy of your federal registration form is going to be a very important circumstance.)
I was pretty clear when I said "if you have broken no law".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Holy ole frig...

Laminate the original “copy”. Get it notarized. Twice. Wrap it in 5 layers of clear packing tape and attach a lanyard. Hang from the trigger guard on the weapon the nfa item is attached too. When removing nfa item, loop lanyard over your neck because now the nfa item is attached to you.

Back
Top Bottom