• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

@tazz and I are discussing Brunswick Stew...

Open Air back in the day was great! And I mean I went back in the 50s. When I am able I have a hunt camp down past Flovilla. I was very disappointed several years ago, it is not near as good as it use to be.
I agree with that, been going there since the early 70's myself. Its still better than any of this new wave of chain BBQ joints.

Someone told me yesterday that Sprayberrys is now using Walkers stew.

I don't know that to be a fact , an prolly won't ever find out ....lol

The guy that sells bbq on pine road ,near the fairgrounds ,also uses Walker stew.
I don't like Walkers, don't like the BBQ either. They smother the hell out of it with sauce, like they're trying to cover up the fact that the meat ain't any good. Lol

Someone told me yesterday that Sprayberrys is now using Walkers stew.

I don't know that to be a fact , an prolly won't ever find out ....lol

The guy that sells bbq on pine road ,near the fairgrounds ,also uses Walker stew.
I hope thats not true. I get Walkers at Huckabys store in the winter for when I spend those long lonely weekends at home. Its OK but not great.

Any y'all been to Stewbilee in Brunswick? Supposed to be an annual event in the fall. We were down there for one about 3 years ago. Around 50 tents cooking their stew. Great to taste different variations. I'm a pork & chicken, corn, and smooth blend guy. And I do like Castleberry's.

This is for you buddy, Tazz Tazz

IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG

Back
Top Bottom