• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

@tazz and I are discussing Brunswick Stew...

I loved the Melear's in Fairburn (incidentally, my uncle married Mr Melear's daughter, but wasn't able to get his recipes before he passed). The school cafeteria plates. All you can eat. Even as a child, I wouldn't stop to taste my food until after the 3rd plate. No wonder I grew up to be such a fat ass.

As far as Sprayberry's goes, the county shut down the pit. They went downhill quickly after that. But, how can you expect good BBQ w/o a seasoned pit?
Yep, that's the one we always went to too. Once in the 80's my best friend & brother in law (RIP bro) had a contest to see who could eat the most plates at Melear's, it turned out to be a tie, we both ate 5 1/2 plates. That was a lot of BBQ & stew for a couple of guys that only weighed 140lbs & 150lbs at the time. Lol!

Where's the BBQ Connoisseur nicaburns nicaburns when you need him?
LOL... I DO LOVE ME SOME Q ... but my Brunswick stew knowledge is limited... first, I like the chunky stuff and second the only stuff I like near home is at JJs in Franklin.
But it is likely because I grew up in SC and the "smooth" version of Brunswick Stew is essentially what we used to call Hash and has to be served over rice... :boink:

LOL... I DO LOVE ME SOME Q ... but my Brunswick stew knowledge is limited... first, I like the chunky stuff and second the only stuff I like near home is at JJs in Franklin.
But it is likely because I grew up in SC and the "smooth" version of Brunswick Stew is essentially what we used to call Hash and has to be served over rice... :boink:

I hate for a neighbor to be so wrong. :rofl:

I've heard good things about JJ's, but I have never eaten any of their Q.

If we meet I can tell you a way that will blow your mind, it is so easy..Adds flavor and thickness, and a little sweet to off set the little bite in the beginning.. Eating my stew is like a party of flavors, going through your mouth at one time..

In for the inside scoop information, this place always has some great information and great recipes...

Back
Top Bottom