• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TC compass

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have one or experience with one? I found one that's gonna be less than $200 on Friday after the $75 mail in rebate. Also thinking about taking the NFA plunge soon on a suppressor and was wondering if the .308 or 6.5 creedmoor would suppress better. I was leaning towards the .308 since I already have dies and .30 caliber bullets but have been curious about 6.5 creedmoor for a little while.

I do not have one, but have read that they are fairly accurate. The stocks are less than desirable, they flex a good bit, something to think about if shooting from a bi-pod. There are a lot of people complaining about the amount of threads on the barrel for a suppressor. Here is a good link to read some of these concerns. https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...the-Thompson-Center-Compass-Rifles/20-483671/
I have been thinking about getting one for the same reason as yourself, but think I will spend a little more and pick up a Ruger Predator model or even a little more and a Bergara B-14 or Savege 10FP/SR model.

I do not have one, but have read that they are fairly accurate. The stocks are less than desirable, they flex a good bit, something to think about if shooting from a bi-pod. There are a lot of people complaining about the amount of threads on the barrel for a suppressor. Here is a good link to read some of these concerns. https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/...the-Thompson-Center-Compass-Rifles/20-483671/
I have been thinking about getting one for the same reason as yourself, but think I will spend a little more and pick up a Ruger Predator model or even a little more and a Bergara B-14 or Savege 10FP/SR model.
thanks for the info, for the price I think I'm gonna pick one up. Use the extra couple hundred to go towards the tax stamp. Might also pick up a boyds stock if I get one just read where they were releasing stocks for them, seems like the thread problem could be remedied fairy easy by a good gunsmith, I know Jack squat about suppressors so gonna have to do alot of research before I make my final decision. If I get it it'll be bad that I'll spend double the rifle cost on a scope and even more on a suppressor:doh:

Picked up the last one dicks sporting goods in loganville had earlier. I think this might be the best sub $400 gun. Sadly they only had them in 30-06, but I don't mind having 2, atleast I won't have start buying brass in yet another caliber

Back
Top Bottom