• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Team 3 the soon to be decided winners of turkey challenge 2.0

Congratulations. I hunted hard yesterday and at one time we had turkeys gobbling on 3 sides of me at the same time and I couldn’t get any of them to budge. My vacation starts next week. The weather should be good to bust some birds!

I didn't hear but a couple gobbles from daylight until 945 and then the woods just erupeted with gobbling. Pretty weird. Went and scouted some birds at daylight this morning right before storms rolled in, they are going to be interesting to hunt.

I've got the next week off, only been in the woods 3 times this year and hopefully I can seal the deal soon. That crappy weather kept me out of the woods last Sunday. I'm ready to hear them sing, I've got to catch up to GTN GTN !

I think the woods will be closed next week. Lol
Well if that's the case!
545z0u.jpg

I reckon I'm done until towards the end of the month, I have a shutdown starting now. I only made it out once this week and it was very quiet.

This has been a rough week. I’ve hunted hard and had getting so close I could hear them drum for them never to step into view. I’m set up this morning where one has been traveling through. Hopefully this will be the day he messes up finally.

This has been a rough week. I’ve hunted hard and had getting so close I could hear them drum for them never to step into view. I’m set up this morning where one has been traveling through. Hopefully this will be the day he messes up finally.

Keep after em you'll connect. Better than what I'm doing, working 7/12s

Keep after em you'll connect. Better than what I'm doing, working 7/12s
I hunted 8 out of the 9 days I was off and usually from dawn till 3-4. Turkeys so close over a ridge I could here them drumming but they wouldn't stick their head up for a shot. This has been the toughest season so far. I've turkeys gobbling every morning and get within 100 yards but never within range. It's been tough. Hopefully my luck changes soon.

Back
Top Bottom