• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Team 3 the soon to be decided winners of turkey challenge 2.0

I hunted 8 out of the 9 days I was off and usually from dawn till 3-4. Turkeys so close over a ridge I could here them drumming but they wouldn't stick their head up for a shot. This has been the toughest season so far. I've turkeys gobbling every morning and get within 100 yards but never within range. It's been tough. Hopefully my luck changes soon.
One of em’s gonna mess up and give you a shot eventually.
Today was my first day out in quite a while. I heard a few birds, but they shut down at around 9:15 or so. I made a huge circle on the nearest one due to where he was. I had to get around him and come in from the other direction. I kept checking him with a locator call while I got in position. I was moving in the last little bit and was about to set up on him but I bumped a hen. She flew off the ridge and went straight his way. Never heard a peep out of him after that.

One of em’s gonna mess up and give you a shot eventually.
Today was my first day out in quite a while. I heard a few birds, but they shut down at around 9:15 or so. I made a huge circle on the nearest one due to where he was. I had to get around him and come in from the other direction. I kept checking him with a locator call while I got in position. I was moving in the last little bit and was about to set up on him but I bumped a hen. She flew off the ridge and went straight his way. Never heard a peep out of him after that.
Sounds like every day of my season so far! :pout:

Come on fellas, couple days left!
Man I have hunted so stinking hard this year all on public land and I've had a black cloud over me. I even took an entire week off work. I've never had a season suck as bad as this one did. Last weekend I didn't even hear a gobble. I'm usually tagged out in 3-4 week's. Somebody has put a hex on me and I can't seem to shake it.:mmph:

Man I have hunted so stinking hard this year all on public land and I've had a black cloud over me. I even took an entire week off work. I've never had a season suck as bad as this one did. Last weekend I didn't even hear a gobble. I'm usually tagged out in 3-4 week's. Somebody has put a hex on me and I can't seem to shake it.:mmph:

I understand, I have years like that. Seems like everything you do is the wrong thing

I understand, I have years like that. Seems like everything you do is the wrong thing
I've birds so close I could hear them drumming but they wouldn't take 3 more steps to see their heads. I'm going to give it one more go this weekend to see how it works out. I've got a baby due June first so I won't be able to hunt all day due to stuff at the house. Not shooting a bird isn't due to not trying. Watch and see, next year I'll be tagged out by the second week.

And on the last day finally had a gobbler in range. He was 30 yards and I guess he saw me raising my shotgun. I’ve circled around and hopefully him or the buddy he was with comes through.

Back
Top Bottom