• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TENKO adapter for M10 / M11 Machine gun to use Stock AR Uppers.

I think the lage fires from a open bolt, but the tenco kit uses standard AR uppers which would fire in a closed bolt operation. Correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Correct. Which makes it even more interesting to me. I've got a SABRE upper for a M11/9, which runs open bolt. I'm kinda between things on this though. For short bursts, that's great. But if you're going to be doing mag dump after mag dump, I'd rather be an open bolt.

Correct. Which makes it even more interesting to me. I've got a SABRE upper for a M11/9, which runs open bolt. I'm kinda between things on this though. For short bursts, that's great. But if you're going to be doing mag dump after mag dump, I'd rather be an open bolt.
That kinda had me thinking about Jim Sullivan's m16 open bolt design. Wouldve been interesting having the tenco 16 in open bolt configuration.

I'm not sure honestly. The open bolt M16's were notorious for egging out the holes on the receiver. I guess in this case it'd be ok since it's just an adapter. But I wouldn't install one of the open bolt conversions into a transferable.

The SABRE upper uses a standard AR/M16 BCG that has a sear catch block pinned into the middle of it. That also fixes the firing pin to "strike" position and allows the gun to fire in a open bolt when chambered. Kinda funny when you think about it. Someone could convert a AR into a open bolt machine gun simply by pinning the firing pin in place and using the bolt catch to drop the bolt/chamber a round. That'd be a scary ride...

Course you can also convert a AR into a machine gun with a coat hanger if you know what you're doing. But let's ban bump stocks.....

Whoo hoo.... It's a late Lage Xmas!!!!
Max 11k and a m11/22 kit

29ac2aab95def1730e9b3d9ef002ea34.jpg

Back
Top Bottom