• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

TenPoint SDS

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Thinking about upgrading my crossbow by adding a TenPoint string dampening system to make it quieter. Anyone had any experience with this? Wondering if its worth the $ or if my $ would be better spent on other things. Thanks in advance!

I want to state right off the bat, I am not a fan of 10 point. Now, with that said those crossbows are load and there is not much you can do about that. I would not spend anymore money on trying to make it any quiter.

The archery folks at BPS tell me that it is a waste of $$ putting that system on your cross-bow. I've been hunting with my TenPoint for six seasons now and never worried about the string noise because the bolt always found its mark.

The archery folks at BPS tell me that it is a waste of $$ putting that system on your cross-bow. I've been hunting with my TenPoint for six seasons now and never worried about the string noise because the bolt always found its mark.

Their marketing guys claim a 60% noise reduction, but wasn't sure how accurate that was. I have been hunting with mine for 2yrs now and I'm 2 for 3 with it so far so I really don't have anything to complain about. It's an older model I picked up here on an ODT trade and I have really enjoyed hunting with it and was just trying to come up with ways to make it "better" in hopes of a more successful season with it in the upcoming years. Might just spend that money on more/better bolts and a new target and practice, practice, practice!

Their marketing guys claim a 60% noise reduction, but wasn't sure how accurate that was. I have been hunting with mine for 2yrs now and I'm 2 for 3 with it so far so I really don't have anything to complain about. It's an older model I picked up here on an ODT trade and I have really enjoyed hunting with it and was just trying to come up with ways to make it "better" in hopes of a more successful season with it in the upcoming years. Might just spend that money on more/better bolts and a new target and practice, practice, practice!

I have both a block crossbow target and a Morrell. I do not like the block target at all. The Morrell stops the bolts better and extraction of same is easier. Check out www.WilderLogArchers.com and look at their stands. I have one and it fits the bill. I plan to modify the stand to put gun targets on it as well.
Keep practicing and good hunting.

Back
Top Bottom