• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tent Camping Along The Gulf Coast

This is going the other way on the Florida coast, but I doubt you will find a better camping ground, and I know you won't find better beaches or fishing,

Regular tents and 2 primitive sites.
Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park

Ft Pickens near the Pensacola pass has tent camping. You used to be able to primitive camp across the way at Ft McRae, but I think that has been suspended. There are 3 or 4 small islands in the intracoastal just west of the Perdido bridge that are mostly unregulated and people camp on all the time. That would actually be perfect for what your wanting to do.
Ignore the red arrows, that’s my vacation rental house. The islands I was referring to are just to the right of Ono island. And Ft Pickens is to the far right.

681B4F72-D528-45F2-BC1A-17F6FE5E0AF3.jpeg

This is going the other way on the Florida coast, but I doubt you will find a better camping ground, and I know you won't find better beaches or fishing,

Regular tents and 2 primitive sites.
Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park

I agree with this, but it is booked solid when I looked yesterday. You have to book many, many months in advance. You might could call and see if they are holding any back for call in's.

Ft Pickens near the Pensacola pass has tent camping. You used to be able to primitive camp across the way at Ft McRae, but I think that has been suspended. There are 3 or 4 small islands in the intracoastal just west of the Perdido bridge that are mostly unregulated and people camp on all the time. That would actually be perfect for what your wanting to do.
Ignore the red arrows, that’s my vacation rental house. The islands I was referring to are just to the right of Ono island. And Ft Pickens is to the far right.

View attachment 1538559
Sound advice here. Also in the area in Gulf Shores is Gulf State Park.

I have a Camper and camp a lot. Any trip to a state park that will include a weekend better be booked far in advance. People are booking 11 mos in advance and paying 17.00 to cancel if they don't use it. I have already booked the week after Thanksgiving and could not get the day after. FYI

Back
Top Bottom