• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tesla, Amazon & Google...Buy these stocks and here is why...

I am sitting out until after the election. I have a good amount of cash between 2 different accounts but I think the market will tank around the election and there will be some deals.

I am sitting out until after the election. I have a good amount of cash between 2 different accounts but I think the market will tank around the election and there will be some deals.

Uncle Jim can I borrow a couple of hundred thousand until December?

Kidding of course, a good safe strategy

Volatility is a good thing. The way it "rebounded"...and the way it "popped" means there are people with vested interest to buy...

In contrasts to stocks that people have no interest. They dont buy, nor do they sell. It just sits idle.

This is a clear sign of accumulate what you can.

That's what I mean... There was a lot of volatility in TSLA. Would they make it past the Roadster? Will people buy them when the tax credit goes away? Will the Model 3 make them a 'real' car company? Will the Model Y cannibalize Model 3 sales?

That's all in the past now.

Unless they show of some world-beating battery Tech there's no more 'sizzle' left. The pickup and the big-rig, assuming they come to market, will be niche products that won't really move the needle much from a revenue standpoint.

Take a look at their competitor Nickola... 53% in a single day when GM announced their partnership. Rivian is private for now, but would have a huge amount of headroom is they IPO.

To me, Tesla is like the other 2 stocks mentioned in the OP. All the major growth there has been done. Sure, you can probably make a few percent here and there, but they are simply too big now to move that much.

The Tesla battery technology is intriguing but I am not buying hoping for a game changer. I could be surprised. The valuation is crazy.

Reactions: GFB
If they announce a 2x improvement in battery tech that would be a game changer... but then they would basically become a battery company.

That's what I mean... There was a lot of volatility in TSLA. Would they make it past the Roadster? Will people buy them when the tax credit goes away? Will the Model 3 make them a 'real' car company? Will the Model Y cannibalize Model 3 sales?

That's all in the past now.

Unless they show of some world-beating battery Tech there's no more 'sizzle' left. The pickup and the big-rig, assuming they come to market, will be niche products that won't really move the needle much from a revenue standpoint.

Take a look at their competitor Nickola... 53% in a single day when GM announced their partnership. Rivian is private for now, but would have a huge amount of headroom is they IPO.

To me, Tesla is like the other 2 stocks mentioned in the OP. All the major growth there has been done. Sure, you can probably make a few percent here and there, but they are simply too big now to move that much.
You are wrong. Here is why...

Go drive their car. I mean call tesla and have them pick u up in their top of the line "X." Tesla doesnt do hard sales pitch. So no fears.

Once u are done. Besides the tech, just realize they are years ahead of others. They have supply chain, soup to nuts on all of their components. They have more than 1 battery vendor.

The best of the best panasonic cant keep up with battery demand. U think competitors like nikola can keep up? No.

Supercharger network. Competitors dont have it

Over the air updates. Dealership model. Direct ordering. And so on and so on.

After all this....imagine tesla recycles battery thru battery walls in homes. Even without solar, they can move people to non peak pricing on the grid. Instead of 10 cents a kilowatt..u now pay 2 cents per kilowatt.

S&P 500 inclusion means fund managers can now buy them. Institutional money.

Cyber truck. Semi. Motorcycle...maybe.

Its endless...

Tesla is a tech company. Car company. And energy company.

Its not going anywhere. Its the new norm.

You are wrong. Here is why...

Go drive their car. I mean call tesla and have them pick u up in their top of the line "X." Tesla doesnt do hard sales pitch. So no fears.

Once u are done. Besides the tech, just realize they are years ahead of others. They have supply chain, soup to nuts on all of their components. They have more than 1 battery vendor.

The best of the best panasonic cant keep up with battery demand. U think competitors like nikola can keep up? No.

Supercharger network. Competitors dont have it

Over the air updates. Dealership model. Direct ordering. And so on and so on.

After all this....imagine tesla recycles battery thru battery walls in homes. Even without solar, they can move people to non peak pricing on the grid. Instead of 10 cents a kilowatt..u now pay 2 cents per kilowatt.

S&P 500 inclusion means fund managers can now buy them. Institutional money.

Cyber truck. Semi. Motorcycle...maybe.

Its endless...

Tesla is a tech company. Car company. And energy company.

Its not going anywhere. Its the new norm.

I was all set to buy a Model 3 before COVID hit. My 'commuter car' is a pickup and even though I don;t have a long commute (30 min or so each way), it's stop-and-go on the highway and surface streets. I get maybe 14 MGH and spend $80-100 a week on gas depending on what other driving I do.

I was all set to pull the trigger on a Model 3 Performance. Set up an appointment to test drive one at their Avalon showroom.

That was my first introduction to this 'tech' company. It took me 5 phone calls, 3 emails and half a dozen people just to get an appointment to 'stick'. They would get deleted for no reason, rescheduled for different days without my consent, or even acknowledgment, etc. etc. etc.

I finally got one to stick, for the 4th of July. Went up and tried to get into the MOdel 3, but at 6'5" I'm too tall and at almost 60 I'm not bendy enough to even think about fitting. I did sit in the Model Y they had there and it fit pretty well, but even though I was literally the only person in the showroom, they couldn't create a reservation to let me drive it.

Not that it matters. Unlike every hatchback I've ever seen the Model Y doesn't have a rear package shelf. Anything you put behind the seats (like a rifle case or range bag) is simply sitting out there exposed for all the world to see. That alone killed any interest I had in one, and after looking at the showroom model and seeing all the out of alignment panels, I had even less interest.

I will agree that they are well in front of other car companies. But touting them for their supply chain is silly. They constantly do half-azzed things to their cars because they are always being tweaked. Some new MOdel Y owners found this BS holding in part of the coolant system in their brand new Model Ys'

Tesla-Woodblock-640x354.png

Yup, a $35-60K car and their are using wood moulding to hold it together because they ran out of the correct part.

You're right that they do have some differentiators. The (break-even) Solar business has some growth potential, but that's a long way down the road and aa drop in the bucket. I mentioned batteries but as you say, they don't own that tech lock, stock and barrel, so it's something Ford or Chevy could come almog and buy any day.

The Supercharger network is a loss-leader to them. They need that high-end charging network to get anyone to buy their cars rather than a Leaf or a BMW. And they have already said they would work with other companies who wanted to leverage it, so eventually it won't be exclusive to them anymore, although spinning it might cause the stock to pop for a day or two.

And no, TSLA isn't in the S&P.... Not sure where you found that. They were passed over, which caused the stock to take a pretty steep dive.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Tesla as a company, and Musk's vision as a CEO. He has single-handedly put electric cars back on the roads again at a time when they make a ton of sense. He's leveraged that into additional businesses like charging networks and solar panels and grid storage systems.

All of these are fine investments, and but the price runup is over. If you are buying today you will never get the same kind of increases you would have gotten even a few years ago. In fact like so many early gas companies, you may see "Tesla" as another brand at GM in a decade or two.

I was all set to buy a Model 3 before COVID hit. My 'commuter car' is a pickup and even though I don;t have a long commute (30 min or so each way), it's stop-and-go on the highway and surface streets. I get maybe 14 MGH and spend $80-100 a week on gas depending on what other driving I do.

I was all set to pull the trigger on a Model 3 Performance. Set up an appointment to test drive one at their Avalon showroom.

That was my first introduction to this 'tech' company. It took me 5 phone calls, 3 emails and half a dozen people just to get an appointment to 'stick'. They would get deleted for no reason, rescheduled for different days without my consent, or even acknowledgment, etc. etc. etc.

I finally got one to stick, for the 4th of July. Went up and tried to get into the MOdel 3, but at 6'5" I'm too tall and at almost 60 I'm not bendy enough to even think about fitting. I did sit in the Model Y they had there and it fit pretty well, but even though I was literally the only person in the showroom, they couldn't create a reservation to let me drive it.

Not that it matters. Unlike every hatchback I've ever seen the Model Y doesn't have a rear package shelf. Anything you put behind the seats (like a rifle case or range bag) is simply sitting out there exposed for all the world to see. That alone killed any interest I had in one, and after looking at the showroom model and seeing all the out of alignment panels, I had even less interest.

I will agree that they are well in front of other car companies. But touting them for their supply chain is silly. They constantly do half-azzed things to their cars because they are always being tweaked. Some new MOdel Y owners found this BS holding in part of the coolant system in their brand new Model Ys'

Tesla-Woodblock-640x354.png

Yup, a $35-60K car and their are using wood moulding to hold it together because they ran out of the correct part.

You're right that they do have some differentiators. The (break-even) Solar business has some growth potential, but that's a long way down the road and aa drop in the bucket. I mentioned batteries but as you say, they don't own that tech lock, stock and barrel, so it's something Ford or Chevy could come almog and buy any day.

The Supercharger network is a loss-leader to them. They need that high-end charging network to get anyone to buy their cars rather than a Leaf or a BMW. And they have already said they would work with other companies who wanted to leverage it, so eventually it won't be exclusive to them anymore, although spinning it might cause the stock to pop for a day or two.

And no, TSLA isn't in the S&P.... Not sure where you found that. They were passed over, which caused the stock to take a pretty steep dive.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Tesla as a company, and Musk's vision as a CEO. He has single-handedly put electric cars back on the roads again at a time when they make a ton of sense. He's leveraged that into additional businesses like charging networks and solar panels and grid storage systems.

All of these are fine investments, and but the price runup is over. If you are buying today you will never get the same kind of increases you would have gotten even a few years ago. In fact like so many early gas companies, you may see "Tesla" as another brand at GM in a decade or two.

Resistance is futile. But I get it. I can’t change u. Not sure u want to. A philosopher once said that the value of a cup is in its emptiness.

I can’t begin to fill ur cup unless ur willing to pour out what you have inside.

Back
Top Bottom