• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Texas Church shooting

It'll be interesting to see what comes out as a motive, but I doubt we'll hear too much.

The media has to report this story, but they will drop it as soon as they can. You can't have 'good guys with guns', normal people at that, saving lives by being armed.

That's not the narrative and there's no way they will give this any more attention then they have to.

The real story here is the first man that was trying to pull his gun and the innocent man to his left wouldn't have been victims had he (the first) not been armed. Having a gun on you is dangerous, don't you know nuthin'?

LOL... guess not.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see a story RSN about how having guns in church precipitated this attack somehow. Maybe the preacher would have talked him down if there hadn't been guns present or something.

I'm waiting for them to find some kind of tragic backstory so they can say this was just a cry for help, and that he was gunned down 'in cold blood'.

You already have to Google 3 pages deep to find the raw feed. They buried that almost instantly. Most people will only see the sanitized version, and that can be spun so many ways.

Show him talking to the guy nearest him, then cut to the guy in the far left shooting him in the head... lots of ways to spin it, then drop it so you don't get corrected. Leave people with the idea that he was just gunned down.

9629ECDA-70F0-4D14-B6EB-1D48104405BE.jpeg

Just read that while the hero of this whole thing was definitely a firearms instructor, he was not FBI and was a reserve deputy, so no real LE qualifications.

Looks like the FBI thing was plugged in by one of the mainstream media sites, probably to water down the whole 'good guy with a gun' narrative.

Unfortunately it made it to CBS, and then Fox picked it up from them and reported it widely. Now it's part of the lore, and you can expect to hear 'Yeah, but he was an FBI agent" anytime you bring this attack up.

With this incident in mind, and how the first church security team guy took a shotgun blast to the chest when he was slow on the draw, I did a test at the range yesterday (Quickshot range on Zonolite road in Decatur).
For the first shot of the day, I drew from my normal carry holster, 4 o'clock strong side, from under my cover garment.
I badly fumbled the draw. Had to stop and reholster without getting the gun up to face the target. I nearly dropped it.
But the 2nd, 3rd, and up to the 12th draw all went smoothly after that.

Back
Top Bottom