• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanked the Good Lord today!!

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I have a close Nam Brother that is dating a lady, contacted me..She wanted to get comfortable with a Taurus 357, she was given. I suggested picking up some 38 special rounds to get familiar with the wheel gun..When I got there I made sure the weapon was unloaded. I then started to get her familiar with proper grip, safety , and proper shooting basics. After about 10 rounds of less than rewarding skills. I shot the weapon and found a serious problem. Their was a crack in the main frame in front of the cylinder between the hammer..I can't believe I did this, I did not notice because I was not wearing my glasses. I learned yet another valuable lesson, and I am a firearms instructor...Inspect a weapon for more than just being loaded, or not..I will thanks to the Lord, never make that mistake again...

Glad you're still with us DD. It's a good thing your lady friend contacted you for some training. Think of what would have happened if she would have just put some 357 mag ammo in it and fired a full cylinder. Good on you for helping her out. Happy to hear no one was hurt.

Could of happen while you were shooting it?
l Hate to say it but I believe it was likely that already. I watched the shooter very close, did not appear to be something that happened during shooting..I saw that she was a foot off center, I shot it twice and was 2 inches off each time...It was then that I did a thorough inspection, and found the crack. Still in a butt kicking contest with myself, over not seeing this in the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom