• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m no expert but I believe that in some pumps the shells are supposed to stick out, until you push them forward again by pushing up the gate.

You need to stop right here. Clear the firearm. Take the thing to someone who knows something about pump shotguns before you blow your damn foot off.

Well it seems like the shells will not stay in the tube which is causing it to jam. Any idea on how to fix it?
On a Mossberg there are two long skinny pieces of metal in the receiver with slight bends at the end that face the end of the mag tube. When the action is worked and the bolt moves to the rear the shell elevator or lifter moves downward and pushes slightly on these two pieces just enough to move them and release the next round.
On your gun there is something wrong in the action that the shells aren't staying in the mag tube. (Obviously right? ) But if you haven't already completely disassembled this shotgun you are going to have to or have someone else disassemble it. Gunsmiths aren't easy to find anymore You'll probably have to drive a good distance if you do find one. But it would be worth it. I understand your frustration . I tried for weeks to find a Smith down here or even in Brunswick and as far as the Florida line that could recrown and thread a Mosin barrel. Nothing anywhere around here.
Anyway as I said break that thing all the way down and pay close attention to how the parts work together. If you haven't already .

So there is a cartridge cutoff on the bolt to allow the next shell to come out a but so it can pick it up. Well it seem like it warn out allowing the next shell coming completely out and stuck in the action. Thank you everyone for their help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom