Thanks for the replies and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoat

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
30   0
Reaction score
I applied for my CCWP in gwinett county and got back a letter saying I was denied due to having an "open disposition" on a felony drug case in dallas, ga from 2012. (I've never been arrested in my life!) I was told I needed to get paperwork showing how the charges turned out. I've been to the dallas courthouse, police station, sheriffs office and none of them have paper work or documents on this "charge" I've called GBI and they have nothing on my name. So i went to the police station got them to print out a copy of my background check and took it to gwinett, they said I need something stating the charge never happened. I guess my question is how do i get something to prove that it never happened if it never happened? Do I need to get a lawyer? How do i go about this? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wow!!! Maybe you should talk to a lawyer. I had a similar issue getting mine, but got through it easily, thanks to really good DCI ( Div of Criminal Investigation) here in Wyoming.

Sent from my 1911-A1

My best guess is this is possibly a clerical error? Maybe someone with your same name in that county has pending charges and the clerk or whoever did the "background check" just used your name and not all info like DOB, SSN, etc...?

Not sure how to fix it, but that sure does suck.

My best guess is this is possibly a clerical error? Maybe someone with your same name in that county has pending charges and the clerk or whoever did the "background check" just used your name and not all info like DOB, SSN, etc...?

Not sure how to fix it, but that sure does suck.

That was my thought, but you'd think thats why they do finger prints and have my ssn.

show up with a full burka, state you hate America. that out to be good enough! hate it for you bro. just jump through all them hoops and persevere. glw ordeal.

I'm not sure but he might be on to something with the burka. I think aloha snack bar may be a better way to start the conversation rather than go with I hate America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom