• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sweet potato Pie and hush my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is touchy. Should an armed aggressor mean me harm in my home or place of business, my preference would be to have them stop doing what they're doing immediately and leave. However, if the situation escalated and became violent, firing until movement ceased would be perfectly acceptable under the circumstances in my book.

Mine too. But that's not the situation here.

The kid was down and was no longer a threat. We have the right to protect ourselves, not the right to act as an executioner. He is guilty of first degree murder in any court in the country. Have you seen the video?
Im two faced on this... Reason being that punk could have went and killed an innocent person after being released from jail, when somebody jeopardizes me with deadly force, I'll use deadly force as well. But grabbing a second gun is kind of rediculous... That was bloodlust, not defense.

Mine too. But that's not the situation here.

True enough. I have serious moral reservations when it comes to taking human life without it being absolutely necessary, as is the case in self defense. Sounds like this guy had the right idea when he decided to take personal responsibility for the safety of himself and his place of business, and perhaps got a little carried away. I agree, if the young man were no longer a threat, the pharmacist was probably in the wrong in grabbing another weapon and opening up on the downed assailant. The problem, at least for me, is, how and when does someone who mere seconds ago meant you grave hard become non-threatening? By which criteria is an armed attacker's deadliness discerned? Even if you are able to quantify the seriousness of the threat, who of us can say how we would operate under that kind of extreme duress? Some of our Military personnel and a handful of LEOs can speak from experience. The rest of us are speculating and assuming an awful lot. Either way, it's a shame the owner was faced with the terrible dilemma of killing or being killed. Even worse is that he now has blood on his hands that will never wash off, and a lifetime behind cement walls to think about it.

You guys also have to keep in mind that this guy isn't "completely" there. After the initial incident, it became pretty obvious that he is somewhat "slow".

True enough. I have serious moral reservations when it comes to taking human life without it being absolutely necessary, as is the case in self defense. Sounds like this guy had the right idea when he decided to take personal responsibility for the safety of himself and his place of business, and perhaps got a little carried away. I agree, if the young man were no longer a threat, the pharmacist was probably in the wrong in grabbing another weapon and opening up on the downed assailant. The problem, at least for me, is, how and when does someone who mere seconds ago meant you grave hard become non-threatening? By which criteria is an armed attacker's deadliness discerned? Even if you are able to quantify the seriousness of the threat, who of us can say how we would operate under that kind of extreme duress? Some of our Military personnel and a handful of LEOs can speak from experience. The rest of us are speculating and assuming an awful lot. Either way, it's a shame the owner was faced with the terrible dilemma of killing or being killed. Even worse is that he now has blood on his hands that will never wash off, and a lifetime behind cement walls to think about it.

The moment we pick up a gun we accept the responsibility for it's use. We also must pay the price if we use it inappropriately. How understanding would you guys be if he had killed someone through negligence?

I believe in some 2nd chances, as I am imperfect and no teetotaler.

In this situation where I'd been the Pharmacist, after my 1st shot putting the armed pep down and verified there was no imminent danger, I would have called 911 and rendered aid until medical services/fire/police arrived.

Some bad people turn their lives around.

Good point, some people are not that way, they like to bring up crap that people did and act like they are sooooooooooo perfect.

If you threaten my life and change your mind when the table is turned, doesn't mean that you get a hall pass. It means that you will be just as dead as if you were still being aggressive. Sometimes you don't have the option of a do-over.
I don't recognize white flags, don't start what you cant't finish.

Who on this forum thought that the marine that shot the wounded, unarmed rag head that had just been shooting at the troops was guilty of anything but defending himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom