• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks to the ODT I got my gun back 10 years later

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
When I was in college I gave a little .25 raven to my best friend. A few years later it was stolen by his scumbag neighbor. I posted a thread about it back in 2012 and a few days later I got a PM from a brand new member saying they knew where the gun was. It was his stepdaughter and somehow she found the thread. I reported it to the police and they arrested him for being in possession of a firearm as a convicted felon on probation. He got 2yrs in prison.

Fast forward 10 years and yesterday I was hanging out with my friend and his wife had a surprise for me. The police contacted her last week to tell her that they still had the gun in their evidence locker and that she could come and get it. Since I had already given them another (much better) gun to replace it they gave me this one back. It was clean and oiled and even still has the cheap case that I bought for it. Never thought I would see it again but kudos to the Lawrenceville police department for hanging on to it and taking such good care of it. Now does anybody know where I can get some 25acp ammo?

20220925_090404.jpg

When I was in college I gave a little .25 raven to my best friend. A few years later it was stolen by his scumbag neighbor. I posted a thread about it back in 2012 and a few days later I got a PM from a brand new member saying they knew where the gun was. It was his stepdaughter and somehow she found the thread. I reported it to the police and they arrested him for being in possession of a firearm as a convicted felon on probation. He got 2yrs in prison.

Fast forward 10 years and yesterday I was hanging out with my friend and his wife had a surprise for me. The police contacted her last week to tell her that they still had the gun in their evidence locker and that she could come and get it. Since I had already given them another (much better) gun to replace it they gave me this one back. It was clean and oiled and even still has the cheap case that I bought for it. Never thought I would see it again but kudos to the Lawrenceville police department for hanging on to it and taking such good care of it. Now does anybody know where I can get some 25acp ammo?

View attachment 4770458
Academy in Cartersville had some last week.

View attachment 4770458
Bass pro had some last week at 29.99 per 50. I have had in the last 20 years over 20 of those pistols. I always end up trading them off or selling them. I have never had an issue ever. I would atleast shoot 350 rounds a year on them too. While you still can, go on eBay and get yourself an extra firing pin (8$). Great story and I’m happy for your recovery!

That story is awesome. Kudos to the diligence of your friends and the Po Po. There are good people out there and to know they are looking out for you renews my faith in mankind, well that may be a stretch but glad you got your your pistola back.
Now if more people would start looking out for their friends that would be a great start to human recovery.

Back
Top Bottom