• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanksgiving Night in Hawkinsville...

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
We rode up to my mom's place in Pinehurst and had good spiral cut ham black eyed peas and potato salad earlier. Yeah see I like pig WAY better than Turkey. Got a room for the night at the Loyalty Inn right along 341 from some nice courteous Patels that didn't even give me any grief about our two little manic dogs.
Sitting here in my draws' watching cable TV on an LG 40" with the air blowing low. All in all not a bad Thanksgiving. They don't have Keystone Ice up here so I had to get a few big cans of Icehouse. Saw my other dau9and future Beaner in Law. That was good.

One of these days I might have to buy me a motel or motor court on one of the older Florida highways like 41 or Hwy17. Then me and the family could live in 2 or 3 rooms way in the back. Gotta find out where to get wholesale incense and them Hindu calenders.

We rode up to my mom's place in Pinehurst and had good spiral cut ham black eyed peas and potato salad earlier. Yeah see I like pig WAY better than Turkey. Got a room for the night at the Loyalty Inn right along 341 from some nice courteous Patels that didn't even give me any grief about our two little manic dogs.
Sitting here in my draws' watching cable TV on an LG 40" with the air blowing low. All in all not a bad Thanksgiving. They don't have Keystone Ice up here so I had to get a few big cans of Icehouse. Saw my other dau9and future Beaner in Law. That was good.

One of these days I might have to buy me a motel or motor court on one of the older Florida highways like 41 or Hwy17. Then me and the family could live in 2 or 3 rooms way in the back. Gotta find out where to get wholesale incense and them Hindu calenders.

Brother that brought a tear to my eye thinking about those old South Ga single story motels around tifton and Albany. Had some good times back in the day!

Brother that brought a tear to my eye thinking about those old South Ga single story motels around tifton and Albany. Had some good times back in the day!
I know the kind you're talking about. There's one right on Hwy 17 in Eulonia ( North of Darien but south of Shellman) Its kind of a horseshoe shaped motor court with an old office and possibly at one point a diner in the center. In the 60s it had to be jumping with Yankee snowbirds money. It's for sale but needs tons of work. And when you cross the line over into Yulee there's several of them that have been closed so long the weeds and vines have taken over. Hell the old Golden Isles Inn on 17/ Glynn Ave is on YouTube . It's pretty much falling in and it's still listed as a million dollar property. Maybe half a mile from Tue Toras Causeway/ St Simons road. You can tell that in the 70s when it was a Holiday Inn with a lounge it was the happening place to be.
I dig riding down 17 and along 41 from Perry on down to the line. Those were the original Dixie Highways.

I know the kind you're talking about. There's one right on Hwy 17 in Eulonia ( North of Darien but south of Shellman) Its kind of a horseshoe shaped motor court with an old office and possibly at one point a diner in the center. In the 60s it had to be jumping with Yankee snowbirds money. It's for sale but needs tons of work. And when you cross the line over into Yulee there's several of them that have been closed so long the weeds and vines have taken over. Hell the old Golden Isles Inn on 17/ Glynn Ave is on YouTube . It's pretty much falling in and it's still listed as a million dollar property. Maybe half a mile from Tue Toras Causeway/ St Simons road. You can tell that in the 70s when it was a Holiday Inn with a lounge it was the happening place to be.
I dig riding down 17 and along 41 from Perry on down to the line. Those were the original Dixie Highways.

When I was a kid we had several fun trips to St. Simons and Jekyll and stayed at that exact Golden Isle Inn. Probably late 70's early 80's. Lots of fun!

When I was a kid we had several fun trips to St. Simons and Jekyll and stayed at that exact Golden Isle Inn. Probably late 70's early 80's. Lots of fun!
Yeah it's a shame to see how bad off it is now. In fact it now has chain link fence with black plastic all the way around it to keep folks out. That part of Brunswick ain't great these days and reminds me a lot of south Macon. But that property is still right on 17 and backs up to the marsh . Still hard to believe the owner is content to let it fall in. Maybe it's full of asbestos or something. Still a damn shame though.

Stayed in two different chains motels in Rome last month and then one in Waycross a couple of weeks ago. Every one of the owners were named Patel.
Does the Patel family own every damn motel in Georgia?

Curry..gotta have have lots of curry, for the ambience you know.

Back
Top Bottom