• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

That Deputy has ZERO sense of humour

That's an interesting and racist graph. What it states is, that in a similarly sized city with 8% more white people, the violent crime rate is 25% lower. What racist organization published this graph?
Also I like how they show their objectivity with the 'allegedly' remark. I assume they meant "Allegedly armed OR violent" and not "and". If they really meant "and", they are leaving out a whole bunch of folks...…
And by the way, one of those people the Orlando PD shot and killed was the non white (because apparently that's important) Omar Marteen. I guess the Buffalo PD would have bought him cookies instead?
Everything's racist now

Lol, did you look at their website? I least they are clear about their lack of objectivity and their agenda.
"3X more black people are killed by police than white". Really? I mean that make it sound like it's a travesty. Wait a minute.... since crimes are committed at 3X the rate, I supposed that makes perfect sense doesn't it? It shows that in fact, the popo are exactly EQUAL in their shooting of CRIMINALS, regardless of the color of their skin. As presumably we'd all like.
So I guess we can ignore their feigned outraged and get back to the question of is a 0.00002 rate of shootings too high?
I will concur, cops shoot some people every year that probably shouldn't be. I also contend there's probably a lot more that should be, that aren't. And no, I'm not suggesting "You gotta' crack a few eggs to make an omelet", I'm suggest the 'crisis', like most today including the 'gun violence crisis', is not one. (This is to say nothing about the isolated clearly bad shoots that sometimes are not prosecuted. That's an entirely different ball of wax...)

:pound:I would have laughed.

Story time: I stopped a guy for running a red light once. Told him why I stopped him he said “Oh I thought you were telling me someone found my dirt bike that was stolen a while back.” We both had a chuckle.. “touché, sir. Have a good day, be safe”

And over 50 million have interactions annually. 1,000/50,000,000 = 0.00002. The way some on here talk, I'm absolutely stunned it's not higher.

Yeah and most would assume this was unarmed or unjustified use of force, just based on the context of this thread.
Now look up how many are killed that are unarmed.

That's an interesting and racist graph. What it states is, that in a similarly sized city with 8% more white people, the violent crime rate is 25% lower. What racist organization published this graph?
Also I like how they show their objectivity with the 'allegedly' remark. I assume they meant "Allegedly armed OR violent" and not "and". If they really meant "and", they are leaving out a whole bunch of folks...…
And by the way, one of those people the Orlando PD shot and killed was the non white (because apparently that's important) Omar Marteen. I guess the Buffalo PD would have bought him cookies instead?

Lol, did you look at their website? I least they are clear about their lack of objectivity and their agenda.
"3X more black people are killed by police than white". Really? I mean that make it sound like it's a travesty. Wait a minute.... since crimes are committed at 3X the rate, I supposed that makes perfect sense doesn't it? It shows that in fact, the popo are exactly EQUAL in their shooting of CRIMINALS, regardless of the color of their skin. As presumably we'd all like.
So I guess we can ignore their feigned outraged and get back to the question of is a 0.00002 rate of shootings too high?
I will concur, cops some people every year that probably shouldn't be. I also contend there's probably a lot more that should be, that aren't. And no, I'm not suggesting "You gotta' crack a few eggs to make an omelet", I'm suggest the 'crisis', like most today including the 'gun violence crisis', is not one. (This is to say nothing about the isolated clearly bad shoots that sometimes are not prosecuted. That's an entirely different ball of wax...)

You two should know the rules about discussing police activity outside of the boiler room. I should make you give each other a point and a short time out but I'm gonna let you two off with a warning this time.

So for the record I’ve been a patrol cop for a few years now. Typically interact with anywhere from 20-30 people per day. By that math, I’ve interacted with over 14,000 people over the years. I’ve pointed a gun at four people. Now I’ve used other levels of nonlethal force with others, but if we’re talking about deadly force...four.

So I’ve been in situations to use deadly force (but didn’t have to, thankfully) on .028% of the people I deal with daily. And of that .028%, I’ve had to press the trigger a whole 0%. We’ve had shootings at my agency, yeah. But I can count them on one hand and they were all in response to someone opening fire on the deputies first. So these statistics begin to fall apart when you really dive in and look at the REAL numbers vs Shaun King’s statistics..

Back
Top Bottom