• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The “Reverse Sear”, do you cook your steak this way?

Sad thing is I like a steak that is seared on the out side to prevent juice loss and bleeding on the inside! But when the Bride requests a steak, I cry the whole time and start drinking, she likes them to the point that they are all but burnt. I also forgot to mention I let them sit for 15 min. To prevent the loss of juices..Oh and I also brush the grill clean after when it is still hot..

You just can't trust a man who doesn't keep his grill grates clean.

I keep hearing about how this is how all the high end fancy places cook their steak. That's why I don't go out for steak, they ruin it. The only proper way to cook a steak is to let it reach room temperature and then cook it on extremely high heat for a few seconds on each side. Or just eat it raw. Putting a steak in the oven is gayer than Elton John pushing a wheelbarrow full of buttholes.

You paint a poignant word picture.

You just can't trust a man who doesn't keep his grill grates clean.
I am anal about clean surfaces, when I cook or prepare food...If I do it, I know I can trust that all is clean and safe...When it comes to food prep or the ingredients and quality, I cut no corners

“Meathead” who is the creator of Amazingribs.com has some awesome cooking methods and recipes. Including reverse sear. i use that method quite a bit. I also recommend sous vide cooking followed by searing on cast iron heated up to 500 degrees. It cooks the meat perfectly at same temp from end to end and then gets crisped on the outside. Mmmmhmmm.

I am anal about clean surfaces, when I cook or prepare food...If I do it, I know I can trust that all is clean and safe...When it comes to food prep or the ingredients and quality, I cut no corners
Perhaps Elton and his wheelbarrow could help you clean. He's anal too. In all seriousness, I agree on your method. A nice sear and bloody center. My dad used to say " I want it so rare it's almost extinct".

I keep hearing about how this is how all the high end fancy places cook their steak. That's why I don't go out for steak, they ruin it. The only proper way to cook a steak is to let it reach room temperature and then cook it on extremely high heat for a few seconds on each side. Or just eat it raw. Putting a steak in the oven is gayer than Elton John pushing a wheelbarrow full of buttholes.
Nah, it takes too much time to cook this way in a busy restaurant. Most of us let it warm up for a few minutes then use either a grill broiler, 1500 - 1800 degrees or wood fire grill. Or, if you’re a real jackass and upset your server, that $50 ribeye gets deep fried well done.

Back
Top Bottom