• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The 12 gauge, 14" barrel ,Mossberg 590 Shockwave . What say you ?

I wouldn't mind having one ,but pistol grip 12 gauges are not really that fun to me .

20 gauge maybe ,but I'm not 18 any more ;)
I wish I hadn't ever got rid of the old Mossy 500 20ga I had, it came with a 28" barrel & full stock plus an extra 18" barrel & pistol grip. It was a lot more pleasant to shoot with the pistol grip than a PG 12ga, a friend let me borrow his PG Mossy 12ga to try out so I could decide. A 590 Shockwave in 20ga would be freakin' awesome!

IMG_9202.JPG
I have one and I love it.

I like them and thought about getting one. But after thinking more about it, its about the same length as my KSG, but no stock and way less capacity. I don't really need it. Still a cool shotty.

I wouldn't mind having one ,but pistol grip 12 gauges are not really that fun to me .

20 gauge maybe ,but I'm not 18 any more ;)

Actually, the recoil on these is minimal. You are basically hip-shooting, and the grips angle works great for that hold, unlike the almost 90-degree angle on a pistol grip. Most of the recoil is handled by your upper arms with the Shockwave, versus in your wrist with a regular pistol grip.

I have to shoot slugs when I bring it to an indoor range, and even full power loads aren't as bad as a stocked Mossberg 500, let alone a pistol grip one.

Just read the BATFE letter to Mossberg.
The Shockwave IS a "firearm" as described in GCA.
The Shockwave IS NOT a "firearm" as described in NFA.
Unless the Shockwave is concealed on your person, in which case it MAY be NFA regulated.
Sooo...

Back
Top Bottom