• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Allen company promoting what ?

These have been in use for several decades. As GAgun said, they are used on skeet and trap ranges, especially during competitions, to rest the muzzle of an open breach loader on between shots. They are perfectly safe and I'm unaware of any accidents associated with them.

160516-A-SH323-003.JPG

Yep. See them all the time and I still get the creeps when someone uses them. I break action and rest it over my shoulder, cant stand a barrel pointed at me regardless.

I wonder how many toes will get blown off because some folks are dumb enough to buy one of those? Smh....
Not dumb at all. When on a trap or skeet field your gun gun must be open and unloaded when not shooting. While waiting many people, myself included use these "Toe Tags".
The person that would worry me is the one who doesn't know what they are, or when and how they are used.

Not dumb at all. When on a trap or skeet field your gun gun must be open and unloaded when not shooting. While waiting many people, myself included use these "Toe Tags".
The person that would worry me is the one who doesn't know what they are, or when and how they are used.

I'm sure we all know what they are for :doh:

I guess being raised by people with common sense puts me in the minority . My papaw ,dad,uncles ,etc would have knocked us silly for resting a barrel on our foot .

Just because someone acts irresponsibly don't mean I'm bleating along behind them in their behavior .

How? The butt of my gun is pointed over my back and the barrel is on my right shoulder pointing down.
(Like this pheasant slayer here)

View attachment 1292840
I know. I'm just giving you a hard time. That's how I do it as well. That or over the forearm. My Boots always tend to get too muddy for me to feel comfortable throwing the muzzle end of a nice gun on my shoes anyways.

I'm sure we all know what they are for :doh:

I guess being raised by people with common sense puts me in the minority . My papaw ,dad,uncles ,etc would have knocked us silly for resting a barrel on our foot .

Just because someone acts irresponsibly don't mean I'm bleating along behind them in their behavior .
^^^^This^^^^ Empty & breach open or not, my Dad & Granddad would have knocked the fire outta me for letting a gun barrel point anywhere near a body part too. Sorry RSB RSB but this ol boy was taught over 50 years ago that all guns are loaded all the whether they really are or not.
IMG_0453.PNG

But if you do that, you typically are pointing the barrel at someone else....:behindsofa:
A gun over the shoulder should be carried barrels forward and down, and not over the shoulder pointing to who knows where.
How? The butt of my gun is pointed over my back and the barrel is on my right shoulder pointing down.
(Like this pheasant slayer here)

View attachment 1292840
Yep, that is how it is to be done on the Skeet field, or rest it on your toe tag.

Back
Top Bottom