• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE BELT THREAD

This is what I find to be super useful and intuitive for me -

I prefer a two layer belt that consists of a Velcro inner belt you can thread through your pant loops and a molle outer belt for attaching the accessories to.

Here’s a few I’ve used and recommend:

Ronin tactics senshi

AWS operators belt

Ferro bison belt

As far as holsters go, I’d definitely check out g code, safariland, and my go to for kydex is ANR design but there’s a ton of other good makers too. I like the RTI or QLS interface that enables you to leave the attachment piece mounted on the belt, and let’s you swap different corresponding holsters to it. This allows you to run multiple different pistols on the same rig. This also helps if you run the same pistol with different weapon lights, etc.

I’ll add Jones Tactical to suppliers for a high quality 2-belt system. He’s in Atlanta, makes them one at a time, and sources all US-made materials except for the Cobra buckle.

In...... trying to set up a rig for pistol/shotgun use, but with a 30" waist, real estate is at a premium! Looking forward to seeing useful ideas without having to buy 9 sets of stuff that doesn't work before I land on something good.
Are you looking for competition or defense?

Most likely a "grab and go" setup.... will definitely use it for some training/classes, but probably not for competition ever. I'm too old to run very far, lol. That 3gun stuff looks like a blast, but just can't see it in my near future.

What guns do you want to run/support off your belt? Do you prefer your carbine mags on your belt, or on your carrier/vest, or both?

Most likely a "grab and go" setup.... will definitely use it for some training/classes, but probably not for competition ever. I'm too old to run very far, lol. That 3gun stuff looks like a blast, but just can't see it in my near future.
I’ve never run a shotgun off a belt but my best suggestion for limited belt space is to run your med kit off a Fanny pack that can sit under your belt.

That way the majority of the real estate on the belt itself can stick to fighting equipment. The spiritus sack is a good one to use. It’s also a good solution for keeping things off your lower back if you’re in and out of vehicles a lot.

Other members might have more suggestions and I know cmshoot cmshoot can help you with shotgun stuff.

What guns do you want to run/support off your belt? Do you prefer your carbine mags on your belt, or on your carrier/vest, or both?
Beretta 1301 and a G17. I have a Geissele Super Duty, but just always seem to gravitate towards a shotgun. Don't know that I'd tote a carbine or mags for it all that much unless it's full scale end of civilization. Just looking to enjoy some training without struggling due to shoddy kit, and maybe not feel naked if the world got a little sideways. No, I won't be sniping anything at 200yds with a scattergun, but I'm fairly confident 75-80 yds with slugs and an rmr on top of the 1301 is quite doable.
Have a plate carrier (10x12) but the only thing on it at the moment is a first aid kit.

So here’s my belt set up. More or less shtf type of thing for me. Ronin belt with a Velcro belt that’s not pictured. Esstac mag carriers. Gloves. Med pouch that I’d like to switch to something more compact but this works for the time being. Has extra space in it but would prefer a smaller one. 01tool steel knife I made. G code holster for a g19 rti hanger. Like the leg strap it makes this feel more secure on the move and for drawing. Less movement. Then a p35 flashlight which has the same 18650 battery that other lights I have run off of. I don’t know much about what would be ideal but that really depends on your situation. So that’s my set up. I wear 28w so this belt is a bit crowded. Keep em coming! Also if anyone would like to suggest a compact med bag that would be cool.

Attachments

• 78716D1A-6103-4100-A22D-3B3E3C3843F2.jpeg
    78716D1A-6103-4100-A22D-3B3E3C3843F2.jpeg
    202.7 KB · Views: 68
So here’s my belt set up. More or less shtf type of thing for me. Ronin belt with a Velcro belt that’s not pictured. Esstac mag carriers. Gloves. Med pouch that I’d like to switch to something more compact but this works for the time being. Has extra space in it but would prefer a smaller one. 01tool steel knife I made. G code holster for a g19 rti hanger. Like the leg strap it makes this feel more secure on the move and for drawing. Less movement. Then a p35 flashlight which has the same 18650 battery that other lights I have run off of. I don’t know much about what would be ideal but that really depends on your situation. So that’s my set up. I wear 28w so this belt is a bit crowded. Keep em coming! Also if anyone would like to suggest a compact med bag that would be cool.
Stop getting so damn skinny!

76D8AF34-D13E-4EC4-AB9C-B96CC9806C3B.png

I like the BFG micro trauma kits for the belt. I’ll keep a bit bigger HSGI on my PC too. I’ve got a couple shear hammocks on the way too but they seem to be lost in the mail. It’s a good way to consolidate med stuff. Just keep in mind you have to buy the smaller chest seals to get them to fit. You can always check my stuff out whenever.

Beretta 1301 and a G17. I have a Geissele Super Duty, but just always seem to gravitate towards a shotgun. Don't know that I'd tote a carbine or mags for it all that much unless it's full scale end of civilization. Just looking to enjoy some training without struggling due to shoddy kit, and maybe not feel naked if the world got a little sideways. No, I won't be sniping anything at 200yds with a scattergun, but I'm fairly confident 75-80 yds with slugs and an rmr on top of the 1301 is quite doable.
Have a plate carrier (10x12) but the only thing on it at the moment is a first aid kit.

Look at parts 10 and 11 in my post on page 1. Shotshell holders for your belt.

I like the Velcro sidesaddles from Esstac. Additional fully loaded sidesaddles will fit in an AR mag pouch on your carrier. When the one on your gun runs empty, rip it off and replace it.

Back
Top Bottom