• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE BELT THREAD

My wife won't approve of me larping naked in our yard. The neighbors would complain.
I'm almost 100% certain I'm ordering the Esstac belt, with kywi pouches. This would be the first 2 piece belt I've had, and just not sure what to expect.

Well if you do it in the dark with NVGs, the neighbors won’t know!

In fact, you could larp in everyone’s yard!

Nice. Thought about getting one, how do you like it? I just use Ranger bands to hold mine on the belt.
No idea yet! I haven’t been able to run around in it or do any sort of training with it yet so it’s just theory. Initial impression is that it’s nice for my shears because I’ve had them ripped out of my ghetto rigged holder a few times, and I’m stoked it clears more belt space. Outside of that, ain’t nothin’ a thick rubber band couldn’t do.

Finally got my belt in today. Truthfully, I'm about as tactical as my old Ford truck is. This is NOT a review, but just a few initial thoughts on the Blue Alpha belt... I wanted something quality that would last, let me enjoy some proper training, and be as ready as I could be if the world got sideways. It needed to support a G17, and either a Beretta 1301T, or an AR. The Blue Alpha belt checked off all those boxes and then some.
Material/construction/fit..... A+ . This belt is built way better than any other "tactical" gear I've bought. It's twice as stiff as the Nexbelt I wear for edc, yet just as comfortable. It supports the fully loaded weight (larping in my house) incredibly well. Stitching is perfect, clean, and no loose ends.
Ordering was easy, and their size chart was dead on for me. Order was placed Mar 24, and it was in my hands today. Pretty darn good for building it after I placed the order.
As an aside...if anybody else loves a scattergun, the Esstac kywi AR pouches work perfectly with Esstac shotgun cards. Retention is ideal, extraction is smooth and easy. And let me tell you, Esstac elastic is the real deal! NOTHING like some amazon imitations that drops shells.
With this set-up, I have on hand 56 rds of 9mm Fed 124gr HST, and 44 rds of 12ga.
...and if I needed to run a rifle, it's as easy as dumping the shotshells and inserting Pmags.

** before anyone says "you also need ______ on your belt"...... I'm slap out of real estate on a 30" waist, so if it won't fit in my pocket, I'll have to duct tape it to my shirt.

Now, to get my butt up to Trueprep, and pay the deposit on the upcoming shotgun class.......

20220402_153450.jpg

Finally got my belt in today. Truthfully, I'm about as tactical as my old Ford truck is. This is NOT a review, but just a few initial thoughts on the Blue Alpha belt... I wanted something quality that would last, let me enjoy some proper training, and be as ready as I could be if the world got sideways. It needed to support a G17, and either a Beretta 1301T, or an AR. The Blue Alpha belt checked off all those boxes and then some.
Material/construction/fit..... A+ . This belt is built way better than any other "tactical" gear I've bought. It's twice as stiff as the Nexbelt I wear for edc, yet just as comfortable. It supports the fully loaded weight (larping in my house) incredibly well. Stitching is perfect, clean, and no loose ends.
Ordering was easy, and their size chart was dead on for me. Order was placed Mar 24, and it was in my hands today. Pretty darn good for building it after I placed the order.
As an aside...if anybody else loves a scattergun, the Esstac kywi AR pouches work perfectly with Esstac shotgun cards. Retention is ideal, extraction is smooth and easy. And let me tell you, Esstac elastic is the real deal! NOTHING like some amazon imitations that drops shells.
With this set-up, I have on hand 56 rds of 9mm Fed 124gr HST, and 44 rds of 12ga.
...and if I needed to run a rifle, it's as easy as dumping the shotshells and inserting Pmags.

** before anyone says "you also need ______ on your belt"...... I'm slap out of real estate on a 30" waist, so if it won't fit in my pocket, I'll have to duct tape it to my shirt.

Now, to get my butt up to Trueprep, and pay the deposit on the upcoming shotgun class.......

View attachment 4149460
Looks good dude! Is the pouch on the back medical or dump? I can’t tell from looking at it

Looks good dude! Is the pouch on the back medical or dump? I can’t tell from looking at it
It's a cheap condor dump pouch I had. Figured it'd be fine for tossing empty mags and shotgun cards in, or holding a bottle of water. I do have a small med kit, but it's going on something else. Haven't decided if I like the idea of a plate carrier better or a lightweight chest rig for the extra gear.
I done got too old to kick doors in anywhere, and don't figure on getting shot at in the near future, but Lord only knows what tomorrow holds.

It's a cheap condor dump pouch I had. Figured it'd be fine for tossing empty mags and shotgun cards in, or holding a bottle of water. I do have a small med kit, but it's going on something else. Haven't decided if I like the idea of a plate carrier better or a lightweight chest rig for the extra gear.
I done got too old to kick doors in anywhere, and don't figure on getting shot at in the near future, but Lord only knows what tomorrow holds.
I’d prioritize med over most other things. No one plans to get shot ;)

I’d say an ifak deserves to be on your first line gear. If you can’t fit it on your belt, I’d definitely recommend running a Fanny pack that can sit slightly under or be used like a sling bag. If you want a tacticool one, the spiritus Fanny sack is really nice. Just about any decent Fanny pack will do though!

I’d prioritize med over most other things. No one plans to get shot ;)

I’d say an ifak deserves to be on your first line gear. If you can’t fit it on your belt, I’d definitely recommend running a Fanny pack that can sit slightly under or be used like a sling bag. If you want a tacticool one, the spiritus Fanny sack is really nice. Just about any decent Fanny pack will do though!
Your are correct. I'll probably snag a decent kit at Trueprep next weekend. Hopefully I'll find a belt pouch narrow enough to fit on my narrow butt. The dump pouch will have to go, or I'll get a micro roly poly and see if it'll squeeze in. I think I'd prefer to only have to grab the belt, than to grab the belt, the fanny pack, a chest rig, some skittles and a glass of tea. The term "first line gear" definitely denotes the importance of prioritizing my limited cargo capacity.

picked up what will now be my go to webbing
im currently at a loss for what i should add to it if anything as well as figuring out suggestions as to what to fill the pouches with for example

at the moment ive got no rifle in particular i would use with this but to give an example as to the carrying capacity of the ammunition pouches i can fit around 3-4 308 magazines and possibly 6 or so 556 magazines in each pouch
and im currently figuring out how i want to setup a medkit so i dont have much for that yet
some other things i dont have pictured are a pair of aluminum canteens and a method of carrying a gas mask if i want to

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 38
picked up what will now be my go to webbing
im currently at a loss for what i should add to it if anything as well as figuring out suggestions as to what to fill the pouches with for example

at the moment ive got no rifle in particular i would use with this but to give an example as to the carrying capacity of the ammunition pouches i can fit around 3-4 308 magazines and possibly 6 or so 556 magazines in each pouch
and im currently figuring out how i want to setup a medkit so i dont have much for that yet
some other things i dont have pictured are a pair of aluminum canteens and a method of carrying a gas mask if i want to
What is that? Looks like an ALICE type jungle rig.

Back
Top Bottom