• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

THE BELT THREAD

its similar and was developed around the same time its a british P58 webgear set
the belt is thicker and more rigid than the alice belts and the pouches are deeper but open and close in the same fashion
I am loving this thread. I’m in for more info and ideas before I burn up the credit card.

Thanks guys. I have learned a lot.

picked up what will now be my go to webbing
im currently at a loss for what i should add to it if anything as well as figuring out suggestions as to what to fill the pouches with for example

at the moment ive got no rifle in particular i would use with this but to give an example as to the carrying capacity of the ammunition pouches i can fit around 3-4 308 magazines and possibly 6 or so 556 magazines in each pouch
and im currently figuring out how i want to setup a medkit so i dont have much for that yet
some other things i dont have pictured are a pair of aluminum canteens and a method of carrying a gas mask if i want to
I’d say you may be putting the cart before the horse. Once you know what you want to carry, it’s easier to come up with solutions to carry them instead of finding things to fit the pouches you have.

With that said, a nice general purpose rig like what you’ve got is an easy cost effective option to have on hand for your “I don’t know what I want to carry, but I want to carry something” situation.

Fanny pack is always my go to for med stuff if we’re not talking a molle belt or similar.

Your are correct. I'll probably snag a decent kit at Trueprep next weekend. Hopefully I'll find a belt pouch narrow enough to fit on my narrow butt. The dump pouch will have to go, or I'll get a micro roly poly and see if it'll squeeze in. I think I'd prefer to only have to grab the belt, than to grab the belt, the fanny pack, a chest rig, some skittles and a glass of tea. The term "first line gear" definitely denotes the importance of prioritizing my limited cargo capacity.
I’ve been trying to convince BFG to make their micro trauma kit now with the ten speed dump pouch incorporated behind it for a couple years now to help save belt space. I also want ten speed pouches with Velcro on the front.

I’m disappointed they won’t engineer and produce a product just for me.

I’d say you may be putting the cart before the horse. Once you know what you want to carry, it’s easier to come up with solutions to carry them instead of finding things to fit the pouches you have.

With that said, a nice general purpose rig like what you’ve got is an easy cost effective option to have on hand for your “I don’t know what I want to carry, but I want to carry something” situation.

Fanny pack is always my go to for med stuff if we’re not talking a molle belt or similar.
That is true at the time I purchased it I already had a list of items and at the time it was a matter of finding out which items to prioritize and maybe items in which I didn’t initially consider I just started out with a broad idea of what to look for then just finding the pieces that fit

I plan on posting an update to what I’ve gotten since then

I’ve been trying to convince BFG to make their micro trauma kit now with the ten speed dump pouch incorporated behind it for a couple years now to help save belt space. I also want ten speed pouches with Velcro on the front.

I’m disappointed they won’t engineer and produce a product just for me.
I also suffer from tiny waist syndrome
My belt is set to about 30 to 34 inches depending on what I wear

its similar and was developed around the same time its a british P58 webgear set
the belt is thicker and more rigid than the alice belts and the pouches are deeper but open and close in the same fashion
I like those old belt rigs. Super versatile. You can carry as much or as little as you want. You can even wear it with a back pack and a chest rig if you need to. I don't see many companies making modernized versions of these, Velocity Systems jungle kit is the only one that comes to mind and it's not cheap!

I like those old belt rigs. Super versatile. You can carry as much or as little as you want. You can even wear it with a back pack and a chest rig if you need to. I don't see many companies making modernized versions of these, Velocity Systems jungle kit is the only one that comes to mind and it's not cheap!
There’s another on the way but it won’t be cheap. Nothing nice is cheap anymore.

Back
Top Bottom