My "round the house" / 2 gun match / training belt

Direct Action Gear Warhawk belt inside of their Firefly Belt Sleeve

Blue Force Gear dump pouch
2 spare P229 Mags
Streamlight ProTac 2L-X
Knife
P229 in a Safariland ALS holster set up on the QLS system
CAT TQ
Belt mounted HK hook (stuck under the belt in this picture)

DAG belt.jpg

I like those old belt rigs. Super versatile. You can carry as much or as little as you want. You can even wear it with a back pack and a chest rig if you need to. I don't see many companies making modernized versions of these, Velocity Systems jungle kit is the only one that comes to mind and it's not cheap!
yeah just one of those velocity system mag pouches is 60 bucks when i can get a similar alice m14 pouch for 20

All these belts are nice! I was running belts in Iraq/ AFG when i was doing recovery ops. Keeps the stuff I needed (medical and pistol mags) close and off the plate carrier (chest rig stayed in the wrecker). now a days I keep mine under the back seat of the truck with a small pack (supplement what I edc ) with just the stuff I need to move back to the house on foot with. I do get out to the flat range and shoot with it. looking to get in to some more classes. when i get to the house ill snag some pics of the muti setups I run. The question on two piece/ over belt it all depends on the need you have.

All these belts are nice! I was running belts in Iraq/ AFG when i was doing recovery ops. Keeps the stuff I needed (medical and pistol mags) close and off the plate carrier (chest rig stayed in the wrecker). now a days I keep mine under the back seat of the truck with a small pack (supplement what I edc ) with just the stuff I need to move back to the house on foot with. I do get out to the flat range and shoot with it. looking to get in to some more classes. when i get to the house ill snag some pics of the muti setups I run. The question on two piece/ over belt it all depends on the need you have.
Absolutely. Soft gear is almost all user preference and specific to your intended goals. Nowadays you don’t usually have to sew / have someone see your **** to get it how ya want.

any updates on thoughts on Blue Alpha Belts? I've been holding off replacing my DAA till I get to my goal weight but I'm pretty damn close right now, so starting to shop.
would be leaning towards a "not-wide Inner and outer belt" combo. I plan on running the following
safariland retention holster
esstac double pistol mag, probably one mag and multitool
some make single rifle mag
flashlight pouch?
TBD small first aid kit

any updates on thoughts on Blue Alpha Belts? I've been holding off replacing my DAA till I get to my goal weight but I'm pretty damn close right now, so starting to shop.
would be leaning towards a "not-wide Inner and outer belt" combo. I plan on running the following
safariland retention holster
esstac double pistol mag, probably one mag and multitool
some make single rifle mag
flashlight pouch?
TBD small first aid kit
I recommend them. I'm running basically the same set-up. I'll have to remember to post it up when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom