• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The boy wanted a revolver

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
I told my son I would get him a .22 pistol that would be easy to handle and fit his hand.
I tried to convince him on a ruger mark 4 tac so we could use it with my silencer but he insisted on a ruger bearcat, says he prefers revolvers.
Guess that's a good sign.
He shot 200 rounds through it in 2 days!
Evan asked me if he could sleep with it under his pillow! Had to say no to that

But he did tie a survival strap on my MFT stock as a thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2332.JPG
    IMG_2332.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_2331.JPG
    IMG_2331.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 241
That's great he's a fan of the old school and that he has a passion for shooting! Not to long ago my daughter and I shot her bb gun for the first time and she was so happy. Memories you'll l never forget

The first handgun I bought for myself was a Ruger Blackhawk 44mag. Bought it at Bargin Barn back when it was close to the Marble house. At that intersection that leads into Jasper and one that leads down to the mill. We got so excited to shoot it we found the closest place off in the woods and shot it. Our freaking ears rang for weeks. No eyes or ears, straight up cowboy style. It was the loudest gun I have ever shot and will ever hear unless I run into someone shooting a 50 cal. We learned real quick not to shoot 44mags or wheel guns in general with no ears. Those damn wheel guns make a hell of a racket when they discharge. I took it to Hot Shots one time and everybody was pew pew pew. I let that beast go. Kerplow! Everybody looked at me like what the hell are you shooting. It felt like the building lifted an inch and sat back down. LOL

He'll have that Bearcat when he's 70 yrs old & think of great memories every time he sees it. Now he needs some good leather.
I gave my boys matching Single Six's when they were 10 & 6 - they put 1000's of 22's through them.

Nice job! Brings back memories of getting my son into shooting. He picked out a Ruger MKII. Start them young and teach them right. My son and I still shoot together after all these years. Great bonding time.

Back
Top Bottom