• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the builds have begun (update)

Gacowboy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
172   1
Reaction score
I have started my two at builds, going to order the stripped uppers on tues. I have everything else but a few lower parts, selectors and mag catch and springs with detents. and takedown pins. these will be different from each other but only a bit.
SDC15071.JPG

Let the fun begin, and the money floweth! In for the ride. Building a cheap Mk18 clone myself Stamp has been pending for 7 months so it's about to become money time for me too.
Got BBL
Upper complete
Lower complete
Gas tube and block

Still need-
Optics
Dbal
RIS II
BCG
Muzzle device
:doh:

I am stuck at needing a handguard and NiB bolt carrier group and charging handle. I could get it done quick on the cheap but I don't roll that way. Handguard 200 bucks, Nib Bolt Carrier Group 175 and Raptor ambi charging handle 100 bucks. Oh and a good muzzle brake 100 bucks. So I am looking at 575 just to finish an already money grubbing build. After that I will start the process all over again. It will never end! It's like enjoyable torture if there is such a thing. It hurts the wallet but is rewarding all in the same process.:wacko:

I have started my two at builds, going to order the stripped uppers on tues. I have everything else but a few lower parts, selectors and mag catch and springs with detents. and takedown pins. these will be different from each other but only a bit. View attachment 1336428

So, you going 5.56 on both? Does a standard LPK work on those? Had any issues installing parts? Questions, questions, questions...

I am stuck at needing a handguard and NiB bolt carrier group and charging handle. I could get it done quick on the cheap but I don't roll that way. Handguard 200 bucks, Nib Bolt Carrier Group 175 and Raptor ambi charging handle 100 bucks. Oh and a good muzzle brake 100 bucks. So I am looking at 575 just to finish an already money grubbing build. After that I will start the process all over again. It will never end! It's like enjoyable torture if there is such a thing. It hurts the wallet but is rewarding all in the same process.:wacko:
What BCG did you go with?

Back
Top Bottom