• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the builds have begun (update)

I have been so GD broke that last couple of month due to auto repairs that I am just sick that I can't go out and buy my parts. It just erks the sh*t out of me. I am usually able to buy parts every friday but after a couple of Import AC units going bad I am still paying off the credit card I had to put some of that on. I would usually do those repairs on my own but at 50 years old I am damn tired of working on cars in 92 degree heat. F that!
I feel your pain on the car A/C

I had to put a new compressor and dryer in my truck awhile back. I bought the parts online and did the work myself, so I got out fairly cheap, but it was a pain in the ass doing the work.

I was driving "Miss BangBang's" car the other day and noticed her compressor is making some pretty bad noises, so I'll be having to replace it pretty soon I guess.

Toolcraft branded groups can be hit or miss. Pay close attention to the component materials. Staking can range from OK to really bad. Fasteners are never correct. Carrier should be 8620. Bolt should be carpenter 158, not 9310.
OK, so while I'm picking your brain on BCG's, what brand/manufacturer do you recommend?

OK, so while I'm picking your brain on BCG's, what brand/manufacturer do you recommend?
In no particular order:
Sons of Liberty Gun Works
Colt
Bravo Company
Sionics
LMT

I can tell you for a fact that four of those have a lot in common and they do not use parts from Toolcraft.
I love those videos!
I do too. They're a lot of fun to watch and somewhat educational. But you can't draw many hard conclusions from them, except for the fact that certain barrel materials / profiles are better suited to abuse and the gas tube will often fail. Well that and that barrels will be toast long before the gun is. They serve zero purpose for brand comparisons. But they are definitely entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love those videos!
Me too hahahaha I watched a PSA upper burn today just shy of 500 rounds gas tube gave up the ghost. Then he burnt the **** outta himself with melting polymer handguards threw the rifle and it bent the bbl slightly. BBL shot the f out. Non CL budget upper. Did pretty dang good imo. That's a crazy amount of shooting irl. Like over 2 combat loads in one trigger pull lol

In no particular order:
Sons of Liberty Gun Works
Colt
Bravo Company
Sionics
LMT

I can tell you for a fact that four of those have a lot in common and they do not use parts from Toolcraft. I do too. They're a lot of fun to watch and somewhat educational. But you can't draw many hard conclusions from them, except for the fact that certain barrel materials / profiles are better suited to abuse and the gas tube will often fail. Well that and that barrels will be toast long before the gun is. They serve zero purpose for brand comparisons. But they are definitely entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
i like LMT stuff

I have been so GD broke that last couple of month due to auto repairs that I am just sick that I can't go out and buy my parts. It just erks the sh*t out of me. I am usually able to buy parts every friday but after a couple of Import AC units going bad I am still paying off the credit card I had to put some of that on. I would usually do those repairs on my own but at 50 years old I am damn tired of working on cars in 92 degree heat. F that!

I will have someone else put a $200 AC in a $50 car so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom