• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

the builds have begun (update)

I don't want to seem like I am coming off arrogant but why would you want a 45 in a AR platform when you can get a good 1911 for about the same price and get basically the same thing just more maneuverable. A 450 bushmaster I can see but just a 45 acp doesn't sound like a good AR cartridge. With such a heavy projectile you will see a little more distance but why not go 450 instead. I just can't see the logic there. Fill me in please? I just bought a long slide 1911 in 10 mm that will probably do the same thing distance wise but is more concealable, easier to handle and not to have to fool with gas issues, buffer selections and all that. Just seems like a lot of trouble for a 45 acp. Just get a RIA 1911 and replace all the internals with Wilson Combat parts. That's what I did with my long slide 10mm.

I don't want to seem like I am coming off arrogant but why would you want a 45 in a AR platform when you can get a good 1911 for about the same price and get basically the same thing just more maneuverable. A 450 bushmaster I can see but just a 45 acp doesn't sound like a good AR cartridge. With such a heavy projectile you will see a little more distance but why not go 450 instead. I just can't see the logic there. Fill me in please? I just bought a long slide 1911 in 10 mm that will probably do the same thing distance wise but is more concealable, easier to handle and not to have to fool with gas issues, buffer selections and all that. Just seems like a lot of trouble for a 45 acp. Just get a RIA 1911 and replace all the internals with Wilson Combat parts. That's what I did with my long slide 10mm.
I just want one. Reason enough for me. Everything doesn't have to have a purpose other than making us smile.
I've got enough 1911s, so plenty of ammo to burn in an AR pistol.
Plus, what you see as trouble, I see as fun.

I just want one. Reason enough for me. Everything doesn't have to have a purpose other than making us smile.
I've got enough 1911s, so plenty of ammo to burn in an AR pistol.
Plus, what you see as trouble, I see as fun.
Sounds like a good enough reason to me. If it makes you smile then it's all good! Also the point you have a few 1911's then building something off beat I can relate to. Are you doing a AR pistol or SBR?

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. If it makes you smile then it's all good! Also the point you have a few 1911's then building something off beat I can relate to. Are you doing a AR pistol or SBR?
Probably a pistol with around a 6" barrel, Shockwave tube and Blade, and a Law folding adapter. Got to see what's available, uppers, what pistol mags lowers are built for.
Then, there's the funding...

SDC15096.JPG

1 down 1 to go

Back
Top Bottom