• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Coming Terrorist Attack - Be an Ethical Warrior

When the author listed John Giduck as a friend and mentor in the second sentence I stopped reading. The idea of the article may be spot on but I could read no further. John Giduck has been exposed as fraud and military valor thief. Plenty of information on the web if you choose to look.

I try not to frequent those places that prohibit firearms by law, and ignore those who prohibit firearms, because they are ignorant.

My dog only barks at people she knows.:noidea::doh:

I have enjoyed my wireless 8 camera system.:spy:

"Plan for the worst, and hope for the best.":usa2:

I've got a similar early warning system at my house. LOL

The Chihuahua usually alerts the bulldog that something is outside, and then he goes and just stands like a statue and stares at whatever door she's barking at.

View attachment 1230452
Almost the same duo except my little one is white. LOL People tend to back away from the door when those big bull dogs are standing with those peircing eyes staring them down. I can hear the perps after taking a look at that tank you have. " Maybe we's try the next house, what ya think bra? ".

I prefer my thougt of having to take up arms as a hobby. Yeah that's it, I am gun and ammo collector. Always on look for that next antique AR15 6.8 spc II with a silencer and full military night sighting.;)

When the author listed John Giduck as a friend and mentor in the second sentence I stopped reading. The idea of the article may be spot on but I could read no further. John Giduck has been exposed as fraud and military valor thief. Plenty of information on the web if you choose to look.

The author's Linkedin Pulse post about ethics that includes references to John Giduck is interesting. The irony here is that John Giduck's book "Terror At Beslan" and Giduck's personal narrative have both been thoroughly discredited as being dishonest.

The compelling premise behind "Terror At Beslan" is that John Giduck was some sort of shadowy tactical expert with years of tactical training with Spetsnaz who arrived on scene at the Beslan siege on the evening of 3 Nov 2004 while the smoke was still rising amid the bodies. He then leveraged these Spetsnaz contacts to write a book about the siege. Many passages in the book are direct quotes from conversations in Moscow while the seige was ongoing and direct observations of the mopping up, rubble, booby traps, and bodies.

The problem with this awesome premise is that none of it is true.

- Even Giduck admitted in 2012 that he didn't arrive in Beslan as he claimed in the book. Uncomfortable questions about Giduck's travel timeline were raised in 2012. The unfavorable 10 hour time difference, flight schedules between CO/Moscow, and the visa issues that he mentioned in a 2010 podcast made it impossible for Giduck to be in Beslan as claimed. The original timeline was so improbable that Giduck revised his arrival date as a result.

- Like most untruths, Giduck's revised Beslan arrival date of 5 Sept caused a cascade of additional factual disconnects. The conversations during the siege couldn't have taken place. He couldn't have walked among the rubble and bodies because press reports and photos clearly show they were removed on 4 Sept. The storyline that Giduck sat at his house in Colorado during the siege sells fewer books. This raises serious integrity issues about Giduck as an author, researcher, and as a person.

- The first tangible evidence of Giduck's arrival in Beslan is Nov 2004 (two months later and long after everyone went home). This date not only includes the photo Giduck has of himself in front of the school which was forensically dated in Nov 2004 but also fits the Russian consulate's estimate of 4-6 week for the fastest tourist visa. Giduck has never published a photo of himself at the school during the mopping up. Of course, Giduck could have quickly cleared these questions up years ago by simply publishing his passport entry visa but he has chosen not to. A reasonable rationale for not silencing his critics is the truth would show that he didn't arrive until November.

- Aside from the academic dishonesty, the book is rife with basic factual errors. There are lists of Giduck's errors to be found online raised by both US and Russian reviewers. The biggest error is Giduck claiming that one of the siege planners was killed despite plenty of evidence being available to Giduck to the contrary before his book went to press. The same terrorist who Giduck claimed was killed at Beslan stood trial in Russia in 2013.

- Giduck's shadowy personal narrative also was exposed as false during this time. Giduck's personal narrative long consisted of being a Spetsnaz consultant and seminar bios claiming service alternatively as a US Army Ranger and qualified member of the US Army Special Forces. A FOIA records check exposed Giduck as a 58 day US Army Basic Training failure and archived internet posts exposed Giduck's "years of spetnaz and tactical experience" as a series of 7 day commercial spetsnaz adventure style camps. These adventure camps were held in Russia held between 1999 and 2003 and were open to anyone able to pay the entry fee. They provided various Russian uniform items as souvenirs. Giduck later used many of these uniform items as false "proof" of his Spetsnaz background.

A huge logical leap is required to believe that a Russian Tier 1 counter-terrorist unit would train with and seek consulting advice from a person that couldn't complete basic training.

The only people that continue to support Giduck's dishonesty are those police trainers who seem to have some financial stake in Giduck's success. For example, "John Giduck was there," wrote fellow embellisher and knowing facilitator of Giduck's story, LTC Dave Grossman.

Ethics - it's a thing. You are who you surround yourself with. I would personally be wary of any claimed "experts" like Philip Ball that continue to count such an obvious fraud such as John Giduck as their "mentor".

Almost the same duo except my little one is white. LOL People tend to back away from the door when those big bull dogs are standing with those peircing eyes staring them down. I can hear the perps after taking a look at that tank you have. " Maybe we's try the next house, what ya think bra? ".
Hahaha! Yep!

My Chihuahua spends a good part of her day laying on the back of our couch looking out at our front yard through a window. Not so much as a squirrel can pass by without her letting us know. LOL

The boxer is actually a big sweetheart, but whenever people see him for the first time they're usually a little wary of him and I'm fine with that.

IMG_0270.JPG

Love that picture.
That was this past winter. They both love to lay by the wood heater when I've got it fired up.

It's funny because the 5 pound female Chihuahua is the boss of the 85 pound male Boxer. She has claimed the spot right in front of the heater as HERS, so he always lays off to the side.

That was this past winter. They both love to lay by the wood heater when I've got it fired up.

It's funny because the 5 pound female Chihuahua is the boss of the 85 pound male Boxer. She has claimed the spot right in front of the heater as HERS, so he always lays off to the side.
I run a wood stove in the winter too. My dogs do the same thing (a pit/mutt mix and two miniature schnauzers). When I'm sitting if front of that wood stove on a cold winter night watching those dogs sleep......all seems right in my world and I just smile. Your pic made me think of it.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom