The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
Let your Congressional Representative knowwhere you stand on this legislation:

“The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 is a common sense solution to a problem too many Americans face,” he continued. “It will provide law-abiding citizens the right to conceal carry and travel freely between states without worrying about conflicting state codes or onerous civil suits.”

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/na...-concealed-carry-reciprocity-bill-introduced/

I think it's a shame that someone at the FEDERAL level has to try to force states to recognize our Natural Rights. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Or maybe it's just the nation in its twilight.

Calling and emailing, even though this bill is unlikely to get out of committee.

It might happen, but I doubt it. Then the question of all the states that still prohibit CC remains.

It might happen, but I doubt it. Then the question of all the states that still prohibit CC remains.

In 2012 Illinois (Chicago) was the last state who refused to allow legal citizens to public carry who fell via the Heller vs. D.C. decision in 2008.

Oh of course they attempted to model their "public carry permit" after N.Y. (N.Y.C.) and were nearly held in contempt of court due to it. NYC has a "need to carry" may issue law and being a single law abiding woman, working nights in a high crime area is not justification to exercise that "right".

So all states and D.C. allow their citizens to carry either via the bill of rights or beg permission from the state. Most states have "shall carry" laws and if one is not a prohibited person they cannot deny the right. They can poll tax it, they have mandated required training and mandated firearms registration in order to exercise a right.

Then that leaves the very few states that have "may carry" laws where if an unelected bureaucrat "feels" you have enough justification in order to exercise your "right" then you may have it. Sounds kind of odd doesn't it.

Well yes it is and a good case just needs to presented to SCOTUS where it's not 4 leaning liberal ass clowns vs. 4 leaning conservation constitutional judges.

If WE were ever to restore a small measure of once held rights nationally, this will be the time.

There are some concerns with the wording of this legislation, as there appears to be "wiggle-room" for a state to claim that the other state's laws do not include requirements for firearm training, or (to the extreme) an notarized affidavit from a psychiatric panel that the individual is not insane or a drug user, or ....

Back
Top Bottom