• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Corker bill, while you weren't looking...

I sincerely doubt blue helmets will actively disarming Americans. It won't go well for them or any foreign/domestic force that attempts it. However, reading the U.N. web site, their opinion on armed citizens and a system being created to "manage" small arms/ammunition the intent is clear.

I do see it as yet another method or avenue to gather support for further erosion of civilian own arms. Perhaps through onerous "regulation" of foreign firearms manufacturers which if one reads the agreement, understanding who has the ability to "interpret" a statement or claim.

The New York "Safe Act" wasn't one. Connecticut's "An Act Concerning Gun Violence Prevention and Children's Safety" wasn't one either. The were registration and bans of formerly held rights.

I'll remove the letter as it appears faked. Thanks for catching that, that was actually a second reference I scanned over. UNODA A/cn.11/L.72 does state "restricted distribution" and their spokes person claims there is no document listed in their system nor do they confiscate weapons. He is truthful on this point, they don't confiscate but they train, organize and enable governments to do so.

The UN's Disarmament Field Activities, take note of the 3rd focus. Winning hearts and minds without firing a shot... http://www.un.org/disarmament/disarmsec/

The UN's regional disarmament section (initiated in 1981): http://www.un.org/disarmament/disarmsec/about/

The Regional Disarmament Branch (RDB) is the operational arm of UNODA at the regional, subregional and national levels.

The branch serves over 135 countries and comprises a New York-based office as well as three UN Regional Centres for Peace and Disarmament:

Their work...

Our work

At the request of Member States, RDB provides substantive expertise regarding disarmament and confidence-building measures in the conflict-prevention and post-conflict peacebuilding efforts of the UN system, including supporting the development and implementation of practical disarmament measures. RDB thereby actively contributes to the vision of ONE UN in arms control, disarmament and non-proliferation at country, sub-regional and regional levels.

RDB assists in the coordination of arms control, disarmament and non-proliferation policies and activities at the nexus between the global, regional, subregional and national levels.

RDB further contributes to UN-wide policy discussions and joint programming on cross-cutting issues such as: security sector reform, armed violence prevention and reduction, and gender mainstreaming.

WTH is gender "mainstreaming?

They are especially concerned about SALW (page 3): http://www.un.org/disarmament/disar...isarmament_non-proliferation_arms_control.pdf

So the important issue to address is just how do "we" benefit from a small arms agreement influenced by a group (most) that retains no citizen's 2A right?

Overtly and covertly eroding our rights is an ongoing challenge.

Last edited:
What the tin-foil-hat-and-black-helecopters crowd forgets/is ignorant of is that most of the disarmament agreements and ideas are aimed at resolving the aftermath of civil wars and failed states such as in Africa and Central America that are/were awash in small arms because both the US and USSR used to give them out like party favors and then when the losing side dispersed they either dropped their weapons or took them home with them. They then went on the blackmarket, or facilitated further unrest and crime.

I know 'Mericans can't believe it but, sometimes its not all about you.

What the tin-foil-hat-and-black-helecopters crowd forgets/is ignorant of is that most of the disarmament agreements and ideas are aimed at resolving the aftermath of civil wars and failed states such as in Africa and Central America that are/were awash in small arms because both the US and USSR used to give them out like party favors and then when the losing side dispersed they either dropped their weapons or took them home with them. They then went on the blackmarket, or facilitated further unrest and crime.

I know 'Mericans can't believe it but, sometimes its not all about you.
Again? Could you provide the short list of what is NOT 'merica's fault?

Back
Top Bottom