• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The countdown has begun

I set the bar too high last year. Ended up killing a moose so the freezer was over flowing and had very few bucks that made me enthusiastic. I've got the same bucks on camera this year and so far they seem have not put on a lot of size. So the bar will be set a little lower. I have to set goals to reach. I really want to take a deer with my recurve or long bow. I hunted a lot in late season with them and did miss a couple. I've been getting out in the evening and shooting a vintage Bear Bearcat stick bow about every other day. I hate this heat.

76 days. I'm already all in. Had a good few days last year but covid and other health problems really put a damper on it. I'm focused on this year now. 1 range day and a little scouting is all I have left to do. Anyone else have that itch yet?
I'm with you; can't wait for deer season. My goal this year is harvesting 5 deer to put up in the freezer.

My goal is to win our clubs Big Buck contest. I still have a lot of deer meat in the freezer that I have been eating . This will be the first year I will pass on a good doe and anything less than a Big 8.

Back
Top Bottom