• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The days of the US military obsession with the 5.56 may be numbered

I think the article brings up an interesting point. The main knock against 5.56 has always been its inability to incapacitate an enemy, not its effective range. The article makes it sound like every engagement is at 800 meters plus. How effective are insurgent fighters with those weapons?

I'm not saying that the app Army soldiers/vets can't shoot, but the Army has publicly admitted that they have severe problems with their current qualification system and getting their soldiers to shoot accurately. It was a front page article in a recent Army Times.

I'm not saying that the app Army soldiers/vets can't shoot, but the Army has publicly admitted that they have severe problems with their current qualification system and getting their soldiers to shoot accurately. It was a front page article in a recent Army Times.

True. The Army also has problems with recruitment, and teaching soldiers how to spot IEDs (or likely places). Maybe Basic needs to be prolonged and the Army trainees live at the range for a few weeks like Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. (No offense to my marine corps brothers: if it absolutely has to be destroyed overnight, call the Marines).

True. The Army also has problems with recruitment, and teaching soldiers how to spot IEDs (or likely places). Maybe Basic needs to be prolonged and the Army trainees live at the range for a few weeks like Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. (No offense to my marine corps brothers: if it absolutely has to be destroyed overnight, call the Marines).

You misspelled "Marine Corps"! I will also accept "MARINE CORPS". LOL

Back
Top Bottom