• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The forgotten muscle car (the younguns won’t understand)

I raced a few of them on the streets of Indianapolis, they were quick but not all that fast... I still like and respect them.
IMG_1724.JPG

AMX, had one Blk/Blk four on the floor What most people don't know the major auto maker's collaborated to keep American motors afloat the X car......... Solid state ignition, SB mechanical oil pump and a tighter turn radius than a corvette ........
the tail end was so light had to Keep 200lbs sand in the trunk so it would hook up with a true posi-trac rear end it would hop around the curbs love that car hated the windshield wiper motor it was run off vacuum with a built motor every time engine went to idle the wipers stopped ............. LOL

I posted pics of a really rough Javelin back in 2019 that we got from the hoarder house in South Bibb Co. Believe it or not somebody just had to have it.
I love AMC stuff but usually not the popular muscle cars from back then. I dig the 4wd ugly ass Eagle wagon as well as the Hornet and the Ramblers are my favorite. But then again I love boxy coupes.

Close friend of mine had a Black on Black ‘67 in high school. He & his dad rebuilt/restored it for him in the mid 80’s. 396 with square port heads,intake/cam/headers/turbo400/3.73. It would smoke tires until he got scared of it. Sold it when his wife & kids came along🥲. If I hit the Lottery…I’m buying him another one!😎💪

Back
Top Bottom