• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Foxpro claims another...GRAPHIC

Death by Selection

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
We headed out this morning early because it took us awhile to get out to this area. Our first set we didnt see anything so we moved to a spot over looking a good size field. We got set-up and fired up the Lightning Jack and it didnt take but about 30 seconds and this guy was flying across the field coming in on a string. My brother tryed to get a shot while he was coming across the field but he hit the bottom of the hill and next thing we knew he was at 30 yards. My brother flipped off the safty and let the Hornady V-Max do its job! If your interested in seeing pictures of the damage I have some, but they are graphic! We've called in 5 or 6 over the past week or so and now that turkey season is over we finally got one in range.

My brother and his yote. Smaller male maybe 25-30lbs.

Attachments

• ayote3.jpg
    ayote3.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 101
  • ayote.jpg
    ayote.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
You asked for it. This little bullet is amazing!

He rolled alittle ways down hill, but the only thing that kept his leg hanging on was some skin and one muscle. This was a piece of lung that fell out while he was rolling.

Attachments

• ayote4.jpg
    ayote4.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ayote5.jpg
    ayote5.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 81
  • ayote6.jpg
    ayote6.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 80
Ive never shot a .204, but I know plenty of people who hunt yotes with them. I personally would recommend the .22-250 or .223 ammo is fairly easy to come by and they are fun to shoot. Im sure the .204 ammo is pretty easy to find also, but like I said ive never shot one or owned one so im not sure. What model rifle are you looking at?

The only thing I dont like about heavy barrel rifles for yote hunting is I will cover afew stands a day and usually do alot of walking so carrying a heavy rifle really doesnt fit my style of hunting. I had a Remington 700 Varmint series that never even saw the woods for that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom