• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

-The Georgia Guidestones - (well worth the view)

Omega

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
So few know about the souths stonehenge.
They were made in the 80s by a man with an alias that went by rc christian.
They were recently updated!
Read the 'guide' it's actually pretty bizarre, and one of my favorite conspiracies.
Not to far from home!

http://youtu.be/j_jz5c3GVVg

Last edited:
Rode out there with a friend two years ago. Very interesting site and nice day trip.

My guess is it was a way to put the area on the map and increase tourism by a group of civic leaders at the time local granite sales started taking a hit from imported granite. Never researched trends in the declining use of US granite vs increasing use of imported granite, but I'd hazard a guess there might be some correlation.

Rode out there with a friend two years ago. Very interesting site and nice day trip.

My guess is it was a way to put the area on the map and increase tourism by a group of civic leaders at the time local granite sales started taking a hit from imported granite. Never researched trends in the declining use of US granite vs increasing use of imported granite, but I'd hazard a guess there might be some correlation.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the medium (Granite) was soley for durability. The message was not to inspire the use of granite from the area.

That's a thought... can't say I agree with it.
The depth applied to create these is incredible. They are in perfect allignment in a location that has caused a high level of interest.

The small piece that was added was simply a date. Kind of creepy

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

1.Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2.Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3.Unite humanity with a living new language.
4.Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5.Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6.Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7.Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8.Balance personal rights with social duties.
9.Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

1.Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2.Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3.Unite humanity with a living new language.
4.Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5.Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6.Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7.Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8.Balance personal rights with social duties.
9.Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

AH yes... the Guidestones.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom