• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

Bumping it up. What's everyone up to? Where are the axes?
I just sanded the saddle on my Taylor acoustic and it plays like a new guitar. I can hardly put it down. Taylor makes a good acoustic. No doubt about it.

Nothing new here, but waiting for a slow eveing so i can change out some guitar strings. Thinking about trying out a set of nylon rockabilly Weed-whackers on my upright bass, but that's a lot of effort to go through and then learn that i really don't like nylon bass strings....

09119D52-A401-451A-83CC-D13291E47E49.jpeg

Nothing new here, but waiting for a slow eveing so i can change out some guitar strings. Thinking about trying out a set of nylon rockabilly Weed-wackers on my upright bass, but that's a lot of effort to go through and then learn that i really don't like nylon strings....

I changed some strings this past Thurs. I have a Chinese LP copy that needed a set up. I tweaked on that sucker for about an hour and now it plays like butter. It's a fine guitar, and it cost me a whopping $80 at the local pawn shop. LOL

There's only one way to find out if you like those nylons. LOL...Bass strings are not cheap, either.

Nothing new here, but waiting for a slow eveing so i can change out some guitar strings. Thinking about trying out a set of nylon rockabilly Weed-wackers on my upright bass, but that's a lot of effort to go through and then learn that i really don't like nylon strings....

View attachment 1759904
Those strings are 100% rockabilly or old school Honky Tonk. They never recorded well unless you like that certain kind of squeak

View attachment 1759904

Back
Top Bottom