• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Guitar photo thread!

A couple days ago I wandered into Ken Stanton on Dallas hwy and played a few Koa acoustic guitars. The Taylor 224vs-k dlx will be coming home with me soon. What a kind blowing instrument for $1.5k! Incredible tone. So much warmth...Being a pretty percussive player it sounded and felt like the guitar I have been searching for all my life.

Every Koa guitar I played had something that I have always been searching for, sound wise. I have never really given Koa guitars the time of day, for reasons unknown. I always thought it was simply a pretty wood with no flare. I was wrong.

Has anyone played a mini Taylor GS? Laugh all you want, but those mini Taylors are, IMO, incredible. I could not believe how good they are. The mahogany I played was ridiculous, and again, so was the Koa. I would play one on stage. Seriously. They are that good.

This thread has been slacking lately. Where's the fiddles? I just bought my son a mini Fender acoustic and he has been playing that thing non stop for the past 2 weeks. It isn't super high end or anything, but it plays excellent (why I bought it for him to learn) and stays in tune well enough. Most of all, he likes it, and that's what matters.

20190727_221553.jpg

20190727_221612.jpg

I have been searching for that" sound " in a twelve string acoustic....one A customer of mine brought back from Mexico.. It just had a magic that no other has had..you guys that play know what i mean...this legendary guitar was involved in an accident and rebuilt by a young Hispanic fellow at GTI and it sounded even better than original..I couldn't afford it at the time but man what i wouldn't give for it today..Unicorn

I have been searching for that" sound " in a twelve string acoustic....one A customer of mine brought back from Mexico.. It just had a magic that no other has had..you guys that play know what i mean...this legendary guitar was involved in an accident and rebuilt by a young Hispanic fellow at GTI and it sounded even better than original..I couldn't afford it at the time but man what i wouldn't give for it today..Unicorn

There were a couple of affordable 12-string acoustics at guitar center in kennesaw last weekend

And we are up again. Let's see 'em!

I needed a sure enough bluegrass cannon and did not want to spend D-28 money, so after much research I landed this Alvarez Masterworks MD-60 bluegrass model. All solid, spruce over mahogany, real bone nut and saddle, herringbone binding, ebony bridge pins, one piece mahogany neck, open gear tuners...etc...I took a chance and ordered it online, and my word, what an amazing box this is...I am over the moon with this guitar.

20200421_174155.jpg

20200421_174453.jpg

Kay and I met back in 2011.....it was love at first sight.

Photo was taken on that day at Fretwell Bass up in Staunton, VA

View attachment 2595266

I love it! I want one but they are not cheap...Especially one in good playing condition. Hang onto it forever. It is too cool!

Hey AC, I just bought a Marshall AS50d acoustic amp. I remember seeing yours a while back and I wanted to get one, but it is discontinued. Marshall no longer makes the 100w, so I had to settle for the 50w...No big deal, but I would have preferred to have 3 channels instead of 2...And an extra 50w! On the plus side the 50w only costs around half ($349) of the 100w, so at least I saved some scratch. :)

Back
Top Bottom