Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. 10 Year Anniversary Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 1, 2021 - Click here for tickets and click here for info!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  3. Featured Listings are working again! Feature your listing on every page for $3 a day! Click here for all the info.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gun Run - April 4th, 2020 - Ellerbe NC

Thread in 'Competition Corner' started by mikefromphilly, Nov 18, 2019.

1. mikefromphilly

mikefromphilly Hunter

Rating
    100%
    Ellis is doing another RnG on April 4th, 2020 at DeWitt's Outdoor Sports in Ellerbe, North Carolina! Here is his web page https://thegunrun.us/

2. ponyboy96

ponyboy96 Frontiersman

Rating
    100%
    I know this is an old post, but I’ll be there.

bulletpaluza likes this.
  3. bulletpaluza

bulletpaluza The Hen that laid the Golden Legos Supporter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Man this is right in the heart of when I should be moving/selling my house. I really want to make it to it though. I'll talk to my wife tonight.

4. zachjxdm

zachjxdm Hunter

Rating
    100%
    Sounds pretty fun. Has anybody here done one? Is there a lot of waiting involved or do you actually get the run the stages as soon as you get to them? Also are there any limitations to the rifle and pistol you use? (weapon lights, optics...)

Lastly, any interesting prizes if you're good enough?

5. bulletpaluza

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Pistol must be a pistol (nothing with a brace) and shoot a center fire pistol round. Rifle must be a rifle (nothing with a brace) and shoots center fire rifle round. You will need to beable tonreach out to at least 200 yards in this event they are allowing PCC lol.

Most likely you will wait. Wait actually helps you if you use you time properly.

These events are by far my favorite shooting competition to to do. You get pushed mentally physically all long before you even start shooting. These events have got my ass in gear I am down 65 pounds from my first ever one of these 2 years ago. I'm in the best shape of my life and feel great.

The bonus to these events is while there is a leader bored you are only completing against yourself.

DADI03 likes this.
  6. zachjxdm

zachjxdm Hunter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for the response. It sounds really cool. I'm trying to convince a buddy to come with me before I commit. Hope to see you there.

7. bulletpaluza

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    His name isnt david is it?

8. ponyboy96

ponyboy96 Frontiersman

Rating
    100%
    They are a ton of fun. These are the matches that you will spend a good bit of time training for. If you want to be competitive, you better be able to shoot extremely fast and accurate at unknown distances, run the whole thing while carrying 30lbs of stuff in a decent time or just be so good at shooting that others can’t catch you.

9. DADI03

DADI03 The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

Rating
    100%
    Man I got to get to running. I want to do one of these so bad.

10. Eeben

Eeben Outdoorsman

Thanks for the interest folks, to answer some questions: I try to keep wait times at the stages down as much as possible, some people had zero wait time through the whole race. Others will have a minute or two here and there. Besides the overall winner, the prize table is random draw so anyone can win. Don't be afraid to sign up because you don't think you aren't in shape, there will be a few people who walk the whole course. Use it as something that drives you to get out and train.

Only a few tickets are left so don't wait to long, both events last year were at capacity. There will be another one June 13th in Clinton, SC. Keep an eye out for the River Bend Gun Club Run n Gun as well, Bruce puts on an awesome match at the end of August in Georgia.

bulletpaluza likes this.