• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Gun Run, Clinton House, SC, June 13th, 2020

Kuhl Silencers. I run in them even when not in R&G's. They are ridiculously light and very fast drying with stretch, they don't affect my running at all. Also they have perfect mag slots on the side, so I don't wear all my mags in my belts, I put two AR mags in the side pockets, two pistol mags in the back pockets and two pistol mags in the front pockets. This distributes everything out very nicely and allows me to rearrange easily on the move. Your mileage may vary but Ive used that system twice now with no hiccups.
Thanks for that, they sound great. No retailers near me carry them, and hesitant to buy online this close to the event, though I'm tempted.
Maybe I'll swing by Cabela's tonight to see if they have something similar.

Thanks for that, they sound great. No retailers near me carry them, and hesitant to buy online this close to the event, though I'm tempted.
Maybe I'll swing by Cabela's tonight to see if they have something similar.
REI

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I run in the 5.11 apex pants. I’ve done 11 mile runs in the dead of summer in these without issues. You’ll definitely want something on your legs for low crawling and other things. Per your post, best to get new shoes. You don’t want a blowout on this. For socks, we will have water crossings on this. Idk if wool is the best option. I use swiftwicks. Light, no blisters and work even when wet.

in the end, it’s only about 4 miles, so not the end of the world. I doubt most will be able to run the whole thing, myself included, as that extra weight, terrain and mud make that nearly impossible to do safely.

I run in the 5.11 apex pants. I’ve done 11 mile runs in the dead of summer in these without issues. You’ll definitely want something on your legs for low crawling and other things. Per your post, best to get new shoes. You don’t want a blowout on this. For socks, we will have water crossings on this. Idk if wool is the best option. I use swiftwicks. Light, no blisters and work even when wet.

in the end, it’s only about 4 miles, so not the end of the world. I doubt most will be able to run the whole thing, myself included, as that extra weight, terrain and mud make that nearly impossible to do safely.
Very helpful feedback, thanks for this

I have a Friday night booked at the Hampton Inn for $100 but thinking about maybe adding Saturday night, too - not sure if a 4+ hour nighttime drive is wise after a day like this.

I'm booked there for Saturday night. I'm too much of a whimp to rough it and to cautious to do a long drive home afterward.

My run time is 3:15 so I'm going drive over in the morning.

My plan is to dazzle the RO's with a bright shirt so they don't notice how poor my shooting is. I haven't been able to shoot in months and it will show (thanks china, you arseholes)

I hope we can find each other and can hang out together.

PS - I'm bringing my meals along since I'm uncertain if there will be any restaurants open nearby.

Mike - Hill - Flower Shirt.jpg

Has anybody ever used one of those poly lowers to save weight? I want to build an RnG rig soon and I was thinking about a 16" pencil or lite profile barrel with a regular old plastic handgaurd and a 4x scope with offsets.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom