• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The guy next door

shotgun 01 shotgun 01 is this the same landowner that was illegally baiting last year and also shot the illegal 5 pointer and apparently he's been trespassing? If so there seems to be a pattern of bad behavior. They are obviously familiar with your property now and probably know where your stands are so it's probably a matter of time before he starts hunting your property while you're not there.

shotgun 01 shotgun 01 is this the same landowner that was illegally baiting last year and also shot the illegal 5 pointer and apparently he's been trespassing? If so there seems to be a pattern of bad behavior. They are obviously familiar with your property now and probably know where your stands are so it's probably a matter of time before he starts hunting your property while you're not there.

Two different ones. This guy on Sunday has a corn feeder too. I saw it the last day of the season, as I was walking my creek bottom, where I generally don't go. He admitted to using the Buck Grub last year. They were responsible for the shooting of the little ILLEGAL buck that died on my property. He told me his brother shot it and it was an eight pointer. He was a little surprised when I showed him a picture of it on my phone.
I'm sure he knows where all of my stands are. On a funny side note, he said that he had his picture taken on one of my game cameras. He also asked me if it sends the pics to my computer. I think he might have thought I already saw him. I told him I have cameras everywhere, and that the game warden is a friend of mine.

I’d have a meeting with the landowner and inquire about the shady behavior and see where it goes. Heck, you may end up scoring that place to hunt too.
Unfortunately, the landowner is a long time local resident, and I am still considered an outsider, even though I have been there for 20 years. He is also very old, with Alzheimer's.

Back
Top Bottom