• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Fornicate around and findeth out.
439   1
Reaction score
The true backpacker! You know them as the stowaway. Every component has a home in the floating stock. When you need it, you pop the cap and put it together. Looks a little something like this.
Screenshot_20210817-104820.jpgScreenshot_20210817-104811.jpg

That one lives in my car. I ended up picking up a second one I wanted to just keep on hand in the camper. More than likely if it sees any use, it will be at night. Although I kept the stock that everything tucks into, it's just going to now live in the box. This AR-7 still weighs about the same with the polymer adapter by Haga defense and the folding SB tactical brace. Why a brace on a rifle? Well it's light weight and gives me the options to use the strap to stow the barrel. I added a riser with a cheap red dot sighted in at 25 yds. and added a flashlight and fished the pressure pad through the riser. All of this and it still folds up and takes minimal space. Just wish I could figure out a folding option for the grip.
Aside from that, everything fits well and feels like it's all in the right place.

This is also how to take a $300 Survival Rifle and double the cost. But it will serve it's purpose well.

IMG_20210826_153307.jpgIMG_20210826_153322.jpg
IMG_20210826_153503.jpgIMG_20210826_153448.jpg
IMG_20210826_153343.jpg

That is cool. Some of the states I travel to visit family are now 10-round mag states so that would work well.

I did an online search and they are available $269.99; the magazine is only 8 rounds, I thought they used to be 10 rounds.
https://www.finfeatherfur.com/henry-u-s-survival-ar-7-22lr-16-5-barrel-black-finish/

Yesterday the Georgia Gun Store had one in stock at their retail location. Looks like you can order it and pick it up.

They also make a 15 round mag for it.

nice. I did similar but with a 10/22 take down. A bit heavier but semi auto, and it actually fits in a cubby in my truck. Holds a mag in it, a spare mag, and a box of 50 rounds. I keep ear plugs and a lighter in the grip. I have a few 25 round mags for it in a bag, too. yes I know 22 is not ideal for SD but a few stingers ripping out quick would change most anybody's mind.

I'm currently building a big-brother version in the ruger pcc 9mm. My goal is to get the same style stock as the 10/22 and make it a little 48 state legal rifle for travel. Taking a 10 round mag and gluing on the thread protector SHOULD make it legal every state except mass, believe it or not, and fits into a regular ass bag.

I keep a Glock 17 in a flux braced set up for the same idea, but in places where handguns are OK.

Attachments

• take downs.jpg
    take downs.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 96
nice. I did similar but with a 10/22 take down. A bit heavier but semi auto, and it actually fits in a cubby in my truck. Holds a mag in it, a spare mag, and a box of 50 rounds. I keep ear plugs and a lighter in the grip. I have a few 25 round mags for it in a bag, too. yes I know 22 is not ideal for SD but a few stingers ripping out quick would change most anybody's mind.

I'm currently building a big-brother version in the ruger pcc 9mm. My goal is to get the same style stock as the 10/22 and make it a little 48 state legal rifle for travel. Taking a 10 round mag and gluing on the thread protector SHOULD make it legal every state except mass, believe it or not, and fits into a regular ass bag.

I keep a Glock 17 in a flux braced set up for the same idea, but in places where handguns are OK.
I love the 10/22 platform. For a little more fire power, I keep this one in my vehicle. I'd like to find a 7.5" upper for it. The lower is. 17 designs integrated folder. The lower ended up costing less than the Sylvan/Law adapters and it doesn't add any bulk. Plus in an emergency situation, you can fire a chambered round when it's folded, unlike the adapters.

IMG_20210830_214353.jpg
IMG_20210830_214849.jpg
IMG_20210830_214442.jpg

I had and sold a law folder. I like ARs, but they are so fat folded. My truck has a spot that fits the 10/22 perfectly and it's out of the way, so that influenced my decision.

I also am building a regular 16" ar I might throw in there, too.

this fits my PDW need well, where legal. Still fits in the glove box or original glock box, easy hits at 100 yards, and while it's not the most powerful gun I own it is damn easy to pack around.

Attachments

• IMG_8578.jpg
    IMG_8578.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8581.jpg
    IMG_8581.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 96
I had and sold a law folder. I like ARs, but they are so fat folded. My truck has a spot that fits the 10/22 perfectly and it's out of the way, so that influenced my decision.

I also am building a regular 16" ar I might throw in there, too.

this fits my PDW need well, where legal. Still fits in the glove box or original glock box, easy hits at 100 yards, and while it's not the most powerful gun I own it is damn easy to pack around.
I had the flux brace on my Glock 17 for a little bit. Unfortunately it was just slightly too wide for my nightstand safe. I did keep my 20/20 brace around though. Although that and the Glock have been kind of tucked away while I give attention to someone my other handguns.

Back
Top Bottom