• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Hero of Greenwood Indiana

I don't carry any .22 rimfires or the P32 anymore. I sold a 2" barreled DAO .38 snubby and bought a 3" barreled version that can be thumb-cocked for better accuracy at long distances.

But I'm not "packing" my full size defensive handguns these days, DESPITE my awareness of how much better they'd be if the SHTF at some public place involving a mass shooter with a long gun.

A fact that has been overlooked in the discussion, but which is consistent with most other similar events. According to the police, the shooter came out of a bathroom and immediately began firing. Dickens more or less immediately began firing back. At the first shot from Dickens the shooter tried to re-enter the bathroom. Dickens was proficient enough to put him down, but it only took one shot to stop the shooting.

Even if the shooter had made it back to the bathroom, he wasn't going anywhere or hurting anyone else.

I actually got lazy and retired it. I carry an LCP II with two extra extended mags now. Not so great for reaching out, but can still get there attention quick.
I tried the lcp thing (gen1, 2 lcpII, lcp max) but always felt “undergunned” So to speak. Not so much capacity (though part of it for the standard lcp) but also for shootability at distance and what not. Def easy to tote though

Back
Top Bottom