• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Hero of Greenwood Indiana

I tried the lcp thing (gen1, 2 lcpII, lcp max) but always felt “undergunned” So to speak. Not so much capacity (though part of it for the standard lcp) but also for shootability at distance and what not. Def easy to tote though
I'm good with accuracy to 25 yards and can make rapid hits past that with a few extra rounds down range. Not fun to shoot, but good enough.

I’d like to see CCTV of this and the whole ordeal. In regards to the first victim I wonder what distance between him and the suspect and if there could’ve been a counter ambush have you been paying more attention to the suspects walking out of the bathroom with a rifle or if it was just a complete blindsided situation. Either way , areminder especially in the days of smart phones with so many people Looking downat their screens Or other things and not paying more attention to their surroundings. Not faulting this guy as I don’t know how it went down exactly and anyone can be caught off guard no matter how much we think we have our Head on a swivel

I’d like to see CCTV of this and the whole ordeal. In regards to the first victim I wonder what distance between him and the suspect and if there could’ve been a counter ambush have you been paying more attention to the suspects walking out of the bathroom with a rifle or if it was just a complete blindsided situation. Either way , areminder especially in the days of smart phones with so many people Looking downat their screens Or other things and not paying more attention to their surroundings. Not faulting this guy as I don’t know how it went down exactly and anyone can be caught off guard no matter how much we think we have our Head on a swivel
If somebody has the drop on you, that's pretty much that. Its part of what our hero had on his side. That and huge brass kahones.

You're walking into a restroom and a guy with a rifle walks out already drawn down on you? Just unfortunate timing.

Anyone heard any updates or details? I’ve heard a few different sources that Eli had a hellcat, not a g19. Will he give an interview? Will we find out where shots landed? Will we find out distance? I’ve heard conflicting distance and how exactly it all went down. Im curious these details

@steviesterno Fair question. I too rely on J frames revolvers mostly. ..

I've had the same thought. Not bragging (too much) but I've put thousands of rounds downrange at 25 yds, using the B-25 full size silhouette, Considering stress, and all, I'm reasonably confident that I would get 3 out of 5 shots on target. "on target: meaning inside the silhouette, not in the 10 ring, Considering I'm shooting a .38 special, all 5 are going downrange no matter what. Then we can get into the discussion is 3 rounds enough to put down the shooter.

I just did a impromptu "active shooter take down drill" yesterday at the range.

I had not shot my 38 small frame revolver in a couple months, and I did not have any warm up with that gun at all yesterday.
I started cold.

From 25 yards using the same ammo that I carry (an expensive premium +P hollow point load), I took 5 shots. I fired one shot about every 2 to 3 seconds because my emphasis was on accuracy. Of course I would probably shoot a lot faster if the bad guy were actively firing at me, or if the distance was closer.

My revolver has fixed sights and Crimson Trace laser grip --which never seems to be perfectly aligned; each time I go to the range I have to readjust it just a little bit!

Well, apparently it changed again over the last few months since I shot my revolver because my first shots from 25 yards were in the hip area of the target very low and off-center to the left. I noticed it was shooting low but I could not tell that I was having a left-right error.

I raised the sights after the first couple shots, and the other shots were merely left, not too low.

BOTTOM LINE: I Think I can keep a 6 inch group right in the center of the target at 25 yds, all nines tens and X's....

after I've had a warm-up and after I've either adjusted my gun sites or learned the correct amount of Kentucky windage to hold over. BUT NOT COLD, NOT WITH THE expensive CARRY AMMO that I don't regularly shoot.

8BA0769A-C6A0-48D2-A911-E350F912F212.jpeg

I just did a impromptu "active shooter take down drill" yesterday at the range.

I had not shot my 38 small frame revolver in a couple months, and I did not have any warm up with that gun at all yesterday.
I started cold.

From 25 yards using the same ammo that I carry (an expensive premium +P hollow point load), I took 5 shots. I fired one shot about every 2 to 3 seconds because my emphasis was on accuracy. Of course I would probably shoot a lot faster if the bad guy were actively firing at me, or if the distance was closer.

My revolver has fixed sights and Crimson Trace laser grip --which never seems to be perfectly aligned; each time I go to the range I have to readjust it just a little bit!

Well, apparently it changed again over the last few months since I shot my revolver because my first shots from 25 yards were in the hip area of the target very low and off-center to the left. I noticed it was shooting low but I could not tell that I was having a left-right error.

I raised the sights after the first couple shots, and the other shots were merely left, not too low.

BOTTOM LINE: I Think I can keep a 6 inch group right in the center of the target at 25 yds, all nines tens and X's....

after I've had a warm-up and after I've either adjusted my gun sites or learned the correct amount of Kentucky windage to hold over. BUT NOT COLD, NOT WITH THE expensive CARRY AMMO that I don't regularly shoot.

View attachment 4568559
Low left is the most common error of a right handed shooter. Are you sure it's the sights?

View attachment 4568559

Ironically, those are one of a small set of shots that can immediately break down and stop an assailant.

Back
Top Bottom