• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Hero of Greenwood Indiana

This event will spawn all kinds of new conversations in the gun community about concealed carry ammo capacity, spare mags, etc.

For all we know, the bad guy retreated after the first responding shot, whether he was hit or not.

The good guy did what he was supposed to do: Keep shooting until the threat is gone. No way to know how many shots that actually required, but we'll forever have to assume 10 (or whatever count is finalized by the cops and told to the media).

This event will spawn all kinds of new conversations in the gun community about concealed carry ammo capacity, spare mags, etc.

For all we know, the bad guy retreated after the first responding shot, whether he was hit or not.

The good guy did what he was supposed to do: Keep shooting until the threat is gone. No way to know how many shots that actually required, but we'll forever have to assume 10 (or whatever count is finalized by the cops and told to the media).
He ain't hafta gun 'em down lack dat. Dat boy was a goot boy, jess fell in wid da wrong crowd. Da poleece shoulda been de ones to deal with him since dey got non-lethal weapons.

If he had a 48 he may have only had 10.

If he had a 48 he may have only had 10.

I'm hoping we'll find out what he was carrying, what ammo, and whether or not he had spare mags.

Ultimately, I hope he talks to (new/podcast) media and gives a first-hand account. I wouldn't, if I were in his shoes. That's the most likely way for us to get an accurate accounting of what happened, and the only way we'll ever know his thought process.

My guess there are more of us that would take action if need be. As a Christian it is my responsibility and duty to come to the aid of others. Financially, protectively and spiritually. It is only a sin to take action if it done so out of anger. If are protecting people from certain death and trust in God to steady your hand and guide your aim to keep those people safe then it is no sin. In fact it is your duty as a Christian. As long as it done out of love for your fellow man and to keep them from harm and not an angry lash out. If it is done in anger, that is using evil against evil which the Bible warns us about.

The best thing is to trust in God to keep you safe but in the event of self preservation and protecting others he will give you the proper knowledge to use as little force as necessary.

That is where we as gun owners need to step back and think about how you can neutralize the situation without killing. If you can drive off the intruder without firing a shot then that is the course of action that should be used. Prepare for war but strive for peace.

I'm hoping we'll find out what he was carrying, what ammo, and whether or not he had spare mags.

Ultimately, I hope he talks to (new/podcast) media and gives a first-hand account. I wouldn't, if I were in his shoes. That's the most likely way for us to get an accurate accounting of what happened, and the only way we'll ever know his thought process.

I’ve read a g19 and fired 10 shots hitting him with 8

The best thing is to trust in God to keep you safe but in the event of self preservation and protecting others he will give you the proper knowledge to use as little force as necessary.

That is where we as gun owners need to step back and think about how you can neutralize the situation without killing. If you can drive off the intruder without firing a shot then that is the course of action that should be used. Prepare for war but strive for peace.
This is not a good plan man. The young man did the right thing. He continued to prosecute a counter attack until he was certain the threat was eliminated. He did EXACTLY what should be done in these situations.

I don't claim to be a "good Christian" and I can promise you I know myself well enough that if a thug/mass shooter is firing into a crowd and that includes any of my kin? I'm going to be more than a little pissed as I pull the trigger on him.

1658332539657.png

Back
Top Bottom