• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Hero of Greenwood Indiana

This is not a good plan man. The young man did the right thing. He continued to prosecute a counter attack until he was certain the threat was eliminated. He did EXACTLY what should be done in these situations.

I don't claim to be a "good Christian" and I can promise you I know myself well enough that if a thug/mass shooter is firing into a crowd and that includes any of my kin? I'm going to be more than a little pissed as I pull the trigger on him.
I was trying to get at trying to know when to stop. It might be death to totally stop the threat. We just need to trust that he will give us the knowledge to know exactly when to stop and call for aid to save his life if he is no longer a threat. There are versus that address this exact subject.

This is not a good plan man. The young man did the right thing. He continued to prosecute a counter attack until he was certain the threat was eliminated. He did EXACTLY what should be done in these situations.

I don't claim to be a "good Christian" and I can promise you I know myself well enough that if a thug/mass shooter is firing into a crowd and that includes any of my kin? I'm going to be more than a little pissed as I pull the trigger on him.
Yeah, active shooter situation imma hope to pew pew and gas em down quicker than a fat kid chuggin a large can of baked beans around the camp fire! Haha

I gotta say, with either one of the two handguns I carry most often, I could not have done this. Take down a bad guy from 40 yards away, while the bad guy is actively shooting people.

Not only don't my guns hold 10 rounds, but they're short barreled little pocket handguns that have an effective range of 50 feet for one of them and about 25 yards for the other.

I am not a Holy Roller by any means but I am a Christan. A perfect and great one far from it, I try. Dealing out death is just something I don't take lightly. Self defense wise of course. I think about how I could avoid it as much as possible. The MAN has kept me safe for 55 years I hope that holds out by all means.

Absolutely. The perp (mall shooter) had already demonstrated his commitment to killing randomly and indiscriminately.
The young man that returned fire, I would wager did not count his rounds, did not think to himself "I'm executing this guy", and did not take time to consider book deals about being a hero. 15 seconds to react didn't afford him much luxury to focus on anything, except stopping a random murderer.
He simply reacted, and did what was necessary to protect/preserve innocent lives. His own, and those around him.
His reaction was to stop the threat, and save as many people as possible. He did so with accuracy, commitment, and courage.
I can only hope that my reaction would be as swift, accurate, and decisive as his.
I'm dang sure not gonna armchair quarterback that young man.
I'd like to think his contribution to this episode was partly his good character, partly a good upbringing, partly divine intervention, and maybe even some luck, but that doesn't change the fact that he was the right man, in the right place, at the right time, that did the right thing.

I am not a Holy Roller by any means but I am a Christan. A perfect and great one far from it, I try. Dealing out death is just something I don't take lightly. Self defense wise of course. I think about how I could avoid it as much as possible. The MAN has kept me safe for 55 years I hope that holds out by all means.
Just remember, you don’t know how you’ll react in that situation. Hopefully, your positive muscle memory will take over, but when it’s done and over with, you may find you fire every bullet in your mag when you only counted 2.

Back
Top Bottom