• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The last one

3clicks_Off

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
389   0
Reaction score
20170422_161737.jpg

I made the mistake and bought cases of 60 & 75 watt bulbs before the cutoff date. Maybe used 6 bulbs in the past 5 years :(

I followed that line of reason, and bought a couple of dozen, thinking that well, there will be some problems, as there are with fluorescent bulbs.

Now it seems like LEDs rule the roost, even with their much higher cost, because they last much longer , and fit everywhere the incandescent bulbs did !

There's a couple advantages of having the old incandescent bulbs.. heat (obviously) and de-humidifying small enclosed spaces like gun vaults and tool cabinets. And, if you live near high-power transmission lines, you can make a long dipole wire and suck electrons from the air and light the bulb(s).. similar to what happened when guys used to key-up their amplified CB radios under gas station canopy and light up the fluorescent bulbs. :lol:
I did the research first then bought the ones I needed.
They ended up being among the cheapest, I haven't gotten any interference on any frequencies and I haven't lit any or blown any either.
20170419_002052.jpg 20170420_224035.jpg

I bought a about 4 cases at a Lowes parking lot sale. When it comes to reading and detail work, the incandescents have it all over the LED. I'll keep screwing in 10 cent incandescents until i run out.

Back
Top Bottom